Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Tools    

Rear Window is my favorite Hitchcock and a lot of others favorite.

A lot of people like Vertigo as Fiscal said.

The problem I have with the box set is that it doesn't include some of his greatest masterpieces, like North by Northwest, Psycho, Dial M for Murder, Notorious, and Rebecca. That's why I'm just buying the ones I like of his individually when I can find them at a reasonable price.

Yeah, I wonder why. I wish they bring the whole movies of his for dvd sets....I WANT ALL OF HIS MOVIES PERIOD but some reason they never did...I wonder why?

Difficult, difficult, difficult. Some films I find more interesting than his others, while on the other hand there are some films more entertaining than others. So, here's my top ten (but is is certainly not definitive):

1. Rear Window
2. Vertigo
3. North by northwest
4. Notorious
5. Shadow of a doubt
6. The birds
7. Psycho
8. The lady vanishes
9. The trouble with Harry
10. Rope

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I haven't watched an unwatched (by me) Hitchcock flick in over a month. I think it is about time. I'll try to get my hands on Psycho, Rope, or something of that sort.

i found rope rather boring, but maybe i just need to see it again.

my favorites are vertigo,rear window, physco & trouble with harry.

i havent seen all hitchcock films yet though.

I don't like horror movies much at all, but after watching Psycho even though I was scared I could see why it would be considered a classic.

Rear Window, in my opinion.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There are many films FTW. That's what it means to be an awesome director. There is no consensus what your best film is. Either that or you could be Ed Wood, but I think most agree that Plan 9 is THE masterpiece. Glen or Glenda may be more-personal, but it's also more-embarrassing.

Take that, Hitch! I love you!

Interestingly enough, I get free movies on my cable. Most of the movies are usually crap, but this month they decided to do a bunch of movies of Hitchcock's. So many to choose from, so little time.

1. The 39 steps
2. North by Northwest
3. Rear Window
4. The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956 version, with Doris Day)
5. To Catch a Thief

1. Vertigo
2. Rear Window
3. Psycho
4. North by Northwest
5. Strangers on a Train
6. Notorious
7. Shadow of a Doubt
8. Dial M for Murder
9. The Birds

After those first three, the rest are all equally excellent masterpieces. Actually, all of them are at about the same level of craftsmanship, but Vertigo and Rear Window are just transcendent in subject matter and execution. They exceed the first tier of great movies and stand somewhere on their own plain with other timeless masterpieces.

Just saw To Catch A Thief on TCM for the first time and I must say, while maybe not his best, I really enjoyed that film. Cary Grant and Grace Kelly are PERFECT.

Just saw To Catch A Thief on TCM for the first time and I must say, while maybe not his best, I really enjoyed that film. Cary Grant and Grace Kelly are PERFECT.
Of course, of about the 15 options that my cable company gave me for the free Hitchcock movies, this WASN'T one of them.

My favorite would have to be Rear Window, followed very closely by Rope. Although I think Vertigo is a great film, I don't love it the way everyone else seems to. Maybe I need to watch it a few more times.

I also do find it rather interesting that the only Hitchcock film that was honored in any way by the academy was Rebecca, which is so far my least favorite Hitchcock film.

Right now, Psycho is still my favourite, but I would like to add that Vertigo is probably Hitch's most accomplished directorial effort, North by Northwest is the most fun to watch and Rear Window the most suspenseful one, although Psycho gives it a serious run for its money.

1. The 39 steps
2. North by Northwest
3. Rear Window
4. The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956 version, with Doris Day)
5. To Catch a Thief
This is a very weird list, but most likely honest. I see you like the espionage/thriller aspect. Not wrong, but I'm a huge symbolic analysis/thematic interpretation fan. And these three films are RIFE.

1. Vertigo
2. The Birds
3. Psycho

4. Spellbound

5. Strangers on a Train

6.everything else