I like movies

Tools    

Hey, you know what I like?

Movies.
Looking through these postings I didn't see many--if any--that said why any of the participants like movies. They just like 'em. Period. And that's their right. They can like what they like for whatever reason or no reason at all. I'm all for individual choice. Wouldn't change that at all.

But sometimes I wonder if what's wrong with the movie industry today is there are just too many people who just like movies. Any movie. Whether it's worth watching or not. Nobody seems to discriminate any more. Not even the critics. Especially critics with TV programs who seem to find redeeming qualities in every movie that comes along, instead of telling the world when the emperor has no clothes.

I like some movies, like I like some books, some plays, some TV programs, some people. I don't like all movies, books, plays, etc. Doesn't mean I hate some movies. But I'm proably indifferent to most movies made today because they don't hold my interest. Most movies made today are crafted for an entirely different audience--different age, different region, different education level, different frame of reference, different standards, different experiences with movies and real life. Live long enough and you'll get marginalized, too.

I like some actors, including some I didn't care for at first until they won me over. But even a favorite actor sometimes ends up in a dog of a movie that he or shee can't save, and may get dragged down with it. And there are some actors I make a point to avoid; a disproportionate amount of those seem to be young comedians. Not that I don't have a sense of humor, but I don't appreciate their style of humor--prime examples, Adam Sandler; Tom Green.

I do enjoy "talking" in this forum with other folks who like movies. I like hearing why you like a certain movie, even if I didn't care for it myself or have no intention of ever seeing it (although there's no telling what movie you may be trapped with on a long international flight). There are some bright people out there and I enjoy hearing your different points of view, so long as the discussion extents beyond a dismissive "if you don't like that movie, you're crazy!"

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I like movies with action, or excitement, or adventure, or comedy or drama. I usually stick to those types of movies.

I like them.

What about movies with horses and cowboy hats and over confident heterosexuals?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

What about movies with horses and cowboy hats and over confident heterosexuals?

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I know that I do not like penises and the bigger my cowboy hat, boots, and pickup truck ares, the more I like vaginas.

Yep.

I also like movies about men that wear tight pants and chaps and boots and spurs and cowboy hats and are good with ropes and guns and throwin' a nice hot iron on the ass of a steer and yeeeepie!

I like women.

I know that I do not like penises
I dunno--somehow I've grown very attached to my own.

You ready? You look ready.
What the hell is a movie?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I still like movies.

I also like postal workers. Postal workers need love too.

I like this too:

Buckets of rain
Buckets of tears
Got all them buckets comin' out of my ears.
Buckets of moonbeams in my hand,
I got all the love, honey baby,
You can stand.

One man for the job but the right man
I like movies that involve a green plant getting burned and the smoke intoxicating individuals. I love movies!