Knowing

→ in
Tools    

Yeah yeah, I know...what did I expect, right? In my defense, Ebert gave this thing four stars, and it's directed by Alex Proyas (Dark City, and the underrated I, Robot).

Anyway, here's my review:

Knowing

The setup would've been novel twenty years ago, but these days it's tempting to write this off as an excuse to blow up computer-generated landmarks. But Knowing's problems are a good deal more complicated than that. Don't let the trailers fool you: this is not a normal, mediocre disaster movie -- it goes wrong in much more interesting ways. ...READ MORE

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
So, is it better not Knowing?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This movie looked good in the trailer but very CGI and Nicholas Cage seems to be in more bad movies than good.

Great review, Yoda. Just to let you know, though, the link in your review takes you to your Watchmen review, and not your Knowing review.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
But Yoda....the "special treat from messangerthug" gave this film a glowing review.

Who should I listen to??

Suspect's Reviews

I am half agony, half hope.
I thought Knowing was engaging, if not original, and I liked it all the way up to the last third. Then it got LAME. I'd still watch it again.

Johann von Goethe

nice review, but OUCH! I'll still see, though I'll probably be judgmental the entire film. It IS Nick Cage. Interesting though, I agree thatI might perceive it different if it had a lesser known lead - i'll have to keep that in the forefront of my mind when I watch it.

I saw it last weekend and absolutely loved it. The ending was epic as epicepic.

Yeah yeah, I know...what did I expect, right? In my defense, Ebert gave this thing four stars, and it's directed by Alex Proyas (Dark City, and the underrated I, Robot).
I understand your logic Yoda but, what it appears, you failed to remember is that Nic Cage wasn't in either of those films. Thereby increasing the likelyhood that they'd be watchable and greatly increasing the likelyhood that they wouldn't be crap. A lesson learned I hope.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I understand your logic Yoda but, what it appears, you failed to remember is that Nic Cage wasn't in either of those films. Thereby increasing the likelyhood that they'd be watchable and greatly increasing the likelyhood that they wouldn't be crap. A lesson learned I hope.
Very good point, honeykid.

Registered Creature
It's not something I have any interest at all in seeing again, but it's pretty decent compared to Cage's other string of horrible to mediocre action movies.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I'm so glad I didn't see how bad you thought it was. I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised.

This $ movie was my gift to myself after a hard day of dealing with toxic extended family, as best as I could. I chose this as my distraction.

My kids and I enjoyed it more than we had expected to. I was worried it would be another number 27. We also found it spurred a lot of philosophical discussion after viewing it!

I thought Knowing was engaging, if not original, and I liked it all the way up to the last third. Then it got LAME. I'd still watch it again.
I agree. I thought the movie was ok and quite liked it, particulary the first half, but then I really felt they lost the plot and I lost interest...