The MoFo Top 100 of the Fifties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'm a little curious as to whether Godzilla will show. I know it's a widely seen/enjoyed film, but it's not really something that I've seen discussed on the forum and I wonder if it's actually considered a genuinely good movie or if it's more a guilty pleasure.

Pickpocket, Godzilla and Old Yeller won't IMO. I'm still shocked that Kaplan is so sure, does anyone else feel the same as him? I'd of thought its chances were long gone.

I'm a little curious as to whether Godzilla will show. I know it's a widely seen/enjoyed film, but it's not really something that I've seen discussed on the forum and I wonder if it's actually considered a genuinely good movie or if it's more a guilty pleasure.
I'm doubting it'll show as much as it would be neat to see.

Pickpocket, Godzilla and Old Yeller won't IMO. I'm still shocked that Kaplan is so sure, does anyone else feel the same as him? I'd of thought its chances were long gone.
I expected Godzilla to be in the bottom 50 tbh.

I'm not even sure if i've seen Godzilla. I know i've seen some old Godzilla movies when i was a kid but i'm not sure which ones and i don't remember them. I just don't want my nonexistent children growing up in a world where Kaplan is right

If I am not commenting I am just done with the topic in general really. I never got to express that Rio Bravo is my favorite Western and I was just well had no idea many hear liked it. I mean it was never commented too me how it was or wasn't liked. Until Daniel mentioned it twice.Im not gonna PM anymore flames too MV simply because I cannot explain how you can come off when you use words like Ignorance if you dont know how it sounds then I cannot explain it too you.

Also I am over the topic already and moving on to 28th and 27th movies in the countdown. Im not even mad anymore at MV. Or maybe i just dont care what people think of me. Also I like making lists Its kinda what I do. I might have too many threads but hey its what I do and hey Im minding my own buisness and my nose is clean.

Godzilla is on topic because its sci fi and there is still time for one more Movie like Sci Fi movie before we get into the certain films. Me personally Id rather Treasure Island Show up now but yet again Im good with Godzilla showing up.

If I am not commenting I am just done with the topic in general really. I never got to express that Rio Bravo is my favorite Western and I was just well had no idea many hear liked it. I mean it was never commented too me how it was or wasn't liked. Until Daniel mentioned it twice.Im not gonna PM anymore flames too MV simply because I cannot explain how you can come off when you use words like Ignorance if you dont know how it sounds then I cannot explain it too you.

Also I am over the topic already and moving on to 28th and 27th movies in the countdown. Im not even mad anymore at MV. Or maybe i just dont care what people think of me. Also I like making lists Its kinda what I do. I might have too many threads but hey its what I do and hey Im minding my own buisness and my nose is clean.
Sounds fair enough, I'm sure we can all stop arguing over this disagreement and look forward to the next two films

But yeah, I'm certain Rio Bravo will make it Ned, and I'm glad that you're a fan of it. It might be my favourite film, by the way

Im telling you I am hoping Rio Bravo does make it for it does benefit me and Godzilla Is showing up because people are thinking its too late for a sci fi flick when its time for the best of the best too appear. Godzilla also is a cult classic and is the king of all monsters. I mean you have the blob and snatchers but godzilla is beyond possible. I say it can happen but what do I know.

So actually Godzilla needs Sweet Smell of Success and Pickpocket not to make it. Only 1 out of those 3 will show. The other 27 are stone cold locks.
There's 31 films left on the list not 30 unless i counted wrong. Think you are forgetting Old Yeller unless you have that as a lock.

Here's my Top Ten predictions....I don't claim it to be accurate in the order but more or less these are the films I expect to see.

1..12 Angry Men
2..Rear Window
3..Seven Samurai
4..Dial M For Murder
5..All About Eve
6..Vertigo
7..Sunset Boulevard
8..Bridge on the River Kwai
9..Singin' In the Rain
10.Some Like It Hot

Here's my Top Ten predictions....I don't claim it to be accurate in the order but more or less these are the films I expect to see.

1..12 Angry Men
2..Rear Window
3..Seven Samurai
4..Dial M For Murder
5..All About Eve
6..Vertigo
7..Sunset Boulevard
8..Bridge on the River Kwai
9..Singin' In the Rain
10.Some Like It Hot
Citizens List is why I am not certain on westerns doing well. Rio Bravo and The Searchers Have too Hit in the 20s or teens because while ID love a wayne picture too be in the top 10. I Think Citizens has the more accurate last 10 slots then mine.

Care for some gopher?

4..Dial M For Murder
No way, this movie is going to be that high.

Yeah, I'd love it if it were, but I'd be shocked if it got in the top 10-15, even.

I mean, if we don't see it very soon, I'm gonna start to suspect it missed the list completely. I'm not sure it's considered a classic by many. It gets talked about disproportionately here because I never shut up about it.