R.I.P. Christopher Lee

Tools    

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Oh give me a break, you and whichever sourpuss repped your post (probably Holden Pike).

A famous vampire just died. Imagine if it had been Bela Lugosi. You'd love to have the chance to make a perfectly harmless joke like that as soon as it happened. You're just jealous you didn't think of doing it yourself.

Another thing... Christopher Lee will always and forever be a part of the famous BAND ON THE RUN !!

RIP

RIP Christopher Lee

Thank you for helping bring the characters of Middle-earth to life for myself and countless others.

Forever Saruman the White!

Lee was instrumental with a number of things in LOTR trilogy as he knew Tolkien personally.

Certain phrases and how to pronounce them and stuff and certain characteristics and stuff of certain characters.

Still hasn't sunk in yet.
A day of mourning.

Still hasn't sunk in yet.
A day of mourning.
Has the Christopher Lee movie marathon started yet with you?

This isn't my favorite type of music but this song is amazing. You'll know why once you watch it.

RIP Christopher Lee, probably the most prolific vampire, demon, wizard, warlock, spy, WW II soldier, intelligence officer, dramatic character and Shakespearean in movie history. If you search for all of Lee's roles on IMDB.com, it almost breaks the database....about 282 movie roles, back to the 1940's, after actual service in WW II. Most of his movies were British. Early on he did conventional dramatic roles, but in the mid-50's to mid 70's, he became a regular in the great Hammer Films horror series, the best scary flicks of that era. Decades later, after stitching together numerous monsters, biting lots of jugular veins, choking numerous innocent victims and turning on numerous strange sci-fi machines that made noise and sparks, Lee came to much wider fame as the evil-turning Wizard Saruman in the great Lord of the Rings trilogy. His tall, gaunt, somber and scary mannerisms were hard to top. In his personal life, Lee didn't have much interest in the occult topics of many of his movies and often warned fans to not think that any of this was true, nor to spend much time taking it seriously. Still active into his 90's, he will be missed.

Here Lee co-stars with Peter Cushing, the guy who often hunted down a Christopher Lee ghoul.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
RIP Christopher Lee. Fantastic actor and the only guy I know of who won the Spirit of Metal Award in his 80s.

One of my favorite actors! NO. How dare Dracula, Sauramon, King Haggard and more kicked the bucket.
And I though I was about the only person who still remembers and likes The Last Unicorn adaption. Nice to know there's at least two of us.