HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, Movie Forums!

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

WOW what an achievment congrats Yoda mate and thankyou for making such a great friendy place for all us movie bums

there's a frog in my snake oil
The site's a testament to you C, from the slew of user-friendly functions, to the spirit of creativity & constructiveness that pervades the way everyone posts here. It always seems like a safehaven from the anonymous animosity and scrofulous spam regurgitating over a lot of the web. (And when that gets boring we all just swear at each other anyway, but, like responsible adults. Who own large thesauruses )

We don't need a bigger boat. (Altho hey, how about an anti-shark cannon? )

I seem to have been here 7 years, on and off. I must like the site. And movies.

And bad photoshopping

Here's to decades of all of the above and more

Thank you so very, very much, guys. I've been looking forward to this day for awhile now, and I'm so excited that it's here. It's kind of mind-blowing to think of it...10 years...and in a medium where a single year is often an eternity, no less.

I've been thinking for over a year in advance about what sorts of things I might want to do to celebrate the milestone. As often as not, however, real life concerns like buying a house and getting married have gotten in the way. But I have found time to finish some things and begin others, so over the next week or two I'll be rolling out several features (some smoother than others, I'm sure!) to commemorate the site's longevity. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Thanks again to everyone, so very much, for being a part of this site. I'll do my best to earn the tremendous praise you've all so generously offered here.

A system of cells interlinked
Happy Anniversary MoFo and a huge thanks to Chris for his dedication, understanding and friendship over the years.

I put together a few, completely original, remarks, in honor of the occasion.

Ahem.

Greetings, my friends!

He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. Beneath his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat.

Uh... no. Let me start this over.

There are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends.

Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube. Remember what got you here. Focus on the fundamentals that we've gone over time and time again: People will come. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhh, people will come. People will most definitely come.

But you know, today is a special day. We're here to mark a crossroads

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine. Mankind - that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

And in conclusion, I just want to say on this special day, this very special day, that I am very pleased.

We must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives. I know the idea seems strange, but I also know that it just so happens to be true.

I don't need anything - except this. And that's all I need too! I don't need one other thing. Not one - I need this - the paddle game and the chair and the remote control and the matches, for sure.

Anyway, it's done. And that's something. I like this. This is good.

Yoda will always be with you.

Congratulations, Baby. You’ve made something as indescribably wonderful as root beer.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Ahhhh, the future Mrs. Yoda posts her SECOND post! It must be a truly auspicious occasion!

You really do need to post more. Once you marry Yoda, won't it be required by law or something?

I put together a few, completely original, remarks, in honor of the occasion.

Ahem.

Greetings, my friends!

He was as tough and romantic as the city he loved. Beneath his black-rimmed glasses was the coiled sexual power of a jungle cat.

Uh... no. Let me start this over.

There are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends.

Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube. Remember what got you here. Focus on the fundamentals that we've gone over time and time again: People will come. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhh, people will come. People will most definitely come.

But you know, today is a special day. We're here to mark a crossroads

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine. Mankind - that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

And in conclusion, I just want to say on this special day, this very special day, that I am very pleased.

We must remember that all these things, the nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties, which we assume only accessorize our days, are effective for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives. I know the idea seems strange, but I also know that it just so happens to be true.

I don't need anything - except this. And that's all I need too! I don't need one other thing. Not one - I need this - the paddle game and the chair and the remote control and the matches, for sure.

Anyway, it's done. And that's something. I like this. This is good.

Yoda will always be with you.

Congratulations, Baby. You’ve made something as indescribably wonderful as root beer.
This is why I'm marrying her, MoFos.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I have a good feeling the Mofo experience will never be over.

and for that i salute you i do.

afterall was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Before Myspace..... Before Facebook..... There was.....

MOVIE FORUMS!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The Germans? Holy Crap, when did they do that?
incredibly nobody responded by sayen

forget it, he's rollin.
oh you silly mofo;s..and HK how can you not know Animal House my good man? The movie clips in the soundtrack album were hilarious.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MoFo!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't see it, but I'm doing a celebratory "You're so dumb" jig right now...

And no, I don't need no stinking badges, either.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Long, long, ago…

Ten years to be exact…

In a state far, far, away…

From me that is…

A very wise 15 year old…

Had a vision …

That has become
the greatest

Movie Forum

on the Planet…
And a home
for all the
MoFos and MoFoetts…

Thank You O’ Wise One

May the Force Be With You Always

Happy 10 Years MoFo!

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Though I honestly can't fathom why we're celebrating such a COLOSSAL time-drain. If there's a way to tell how many hours I've actually been logged onto this site over the years, please do not ever tell me. Figuring a very conservative estimate of five minutes per each post I've made (which is WAY low, I'm sure) that's nearly 83,000 minutes, or about fifty-seven full days. And Jeebus help me, I know that is EXTREMELY conservative. It's easily three or four times that.

So thanks, Yoda, for forcing me to spend an obsessive amount of time here. Why couldn't it just have been another lame-ass site that faded away? Nooooooo, you had to keep tweaking the design to make it ever more user-friendly and keep attracting an ever evolving interesting mix of other time-wasting idiots who want to talk movies.

So on second thought, up yours, MoFo.

wuv,
Holden