Jeremy Renner hospitalised after snow accident

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

"Marvel actor Jeremy Renner in 'critical but stable' condition in hospital after 'weather-related accident'
The 51-year-old was airlifted to hospital on Sunday following the incident, which occurred while he was "ploughing snow", his spokesperson told US media."

Hope he will be ok.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
My man's gonna fight through that shit. He's strong.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

That’s horrible. Apparently he uses that exact piece of equipment every year. Nothing is safe in this world.
What do you mean? What actually happened to him?

What do you mean? What actually happened to him?
Apparently, it was a ‘weather related accident while plowing snow’. There are pictures suggesting he’s used the same snow plough before. I’d imagine the wind flipped the thing over, or it slid, or something.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...54738.html?amp

The trick is not minding
apparently his leg was run over, leading to significant blood loss. This suggest someone else was driving the plough. His neighbor, a Dr, put a tourniquet around his leg to stem the bleeding.

Pretty serious injury, especially if the femoral artery is hit. I wonder how seriously this may impact his career, given how much he is an action star.

apparently his leg was run over, leading to significant blood loss. This suggest someone else was driving the plough. His neighbor, a Dr, put a tourniquet around his leg to stem the bleeding.

Pretty serious injury, especially if the femoral artery is hit. I wonder how seriously this may impact his career, given how much he is an action star.
It said somewhere that ‘only he was involved’. Confusing.

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that it “responded to a traumatic injury in the area of Mt. Rose Highway in Reno, Nevada” on Sunday morning at 9am. It said Renner was the only involved party in the incident, which was being investigated.

Thank God someone put a tourniquet on.

Don’t think his career will be on his mind at the moment & he doesn’t have to be an “action” star. He’s got the acting chops to do anything.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...D=ansmsnnews11
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

We’ll see. We don’t know that he’s okay. The hospital won’t release details of his treatment due to HIPAA laws in America.

We’ll see. We don’t know that he’s okay. The hospital won’t release details of his treatment due to HIPAA laws in America.
Thank God for those! As a former very ill person, I guess I have a heightened sense of privacy, but I just can’t imagine in what universe it’s appropriate to release that kind of information to the media.

He appears to be awake and cognizant, but fine or better seems like it's a way off. I can't imagine an accident like that not requiring some serious recovery and rehab, not to mention long term effects.