Wat didya ppl think of 'unbreakable'?

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by DrenaiWarrior
As far as his movies go.......

I liked em'all that I have seen....either a little or alot but I hated the kid that was in the 6th sense...I just hate that damn kid

Boy you are right! That line. . ."I see dead people!" just got stupid after a while. I'd seen the line on the trailers so often, that when I saw it in the theatre, it had no friggin' impact whatsoever!
And found he was eating his shoe.

If I am not mistaken there is two a o ld and new one.I saw the new one and I did not like it that much.
I thought it was strange and dull.If there is a old one out there I would watch it and see if it is better which I think it will be.I am also not a fan of The main actor in that movie I don't think he can acted at all.Bruce Wills I think is his name!
YOu are talking about him right?IF not annore me!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
If I am not mistaken there is two a o ld and new one.I saw the new one and I did not like it that much.
I thought it was strange and dull.If there is a old one out there I would watch it and see if it is better which I think it will be.I am also not a fan of The main actor in that movie I don't think he can acted at all.Bruce Wills I think is his name!
YOu are talking about him right?IF not annore me!See you around!JM
It really just escapes me why folks don't like Bruce. He is such a great actor and this is one of his best and most emotional performances. He was spectaculat in 12 Monkeys. Many great directors respect his abilities a great deal. When directors like Terry Gilliam say he is one of the best working in the field today, he must be at least pretty good. It's weird, It is like the guy did a couple Die Hard films and many folks can never see past that fact. Again I must reiterate how amazing this piece for film making is. It is hard to compare M Knight to Kubrick or Scorcese, as he is much younger and Kubrick's very early works, although full of potential, were nothing like his later efforts (think "The Killing"). M Knight, who has spent much less time in the industry and the artform than these two giants, has a boatload of potential to do many amazing things....

The Village looks great.

_Sedai

The Green Lantern
I thought it was a really great movie. My brother hated it.
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

to be honest, i thought the idea of the film was good, however, the movie itself was slow and boring

i wasn't nuts about it, but my husband loved it and we own it on dvd

i much preferred the sixth sense

i agree pretty much fully with yoda here....M night's gotta be my favorite director for a number of reasons...

mainly it has to do wih the way he combines topics which people have known and talked for ages and mixed in twists and different perspectives so that what is shown hasn't really been seen before...

my favorite piece has gotta be unbreakable because i got told the twist to the sixth sense so that was ruined and their was no true twist in signs but unbreakable really did come from a really clever angle with how he combined the usual format of most comic strips into a normal style movie plot....
now...
onto sign talks....
Kong what i don't think you realise about the alies in signs is the fact that they were purposely made to be fake and stereotypical...shyamalan was looking at it through the perspetive of the hype of the times when roswell was around.....movies of nowadays always try to make aliens look nething but like skinny green things with big heads and almond eyes because of how much that is the stereotypical way of looking at it and people tire of that but shyamalan played upon by making a clearly obvious copy of the ideas of aliens into 50's or wheneva roswell was...he was using factual stories and things of that time to make a theme in the movie that was of those times...he was making his movie timeless but also with a definite style to it...hence all the footage in the movie of aliens was done in other situations which don't really make ne sense but happened neway in those days like the alien at the birthday party...the invisible spacecraft is a play on all those fake photo's of ships in the air thatw ere taken when they put something on the lens of the camera like a ship u know?
he's using symbolism.... the stories mainly about the family and the father getting back his faith...he purposely made the aliens fake so that the real story...the families story...was more concentrated on...if your looking for a solid sci fi flick about attacking aliens then watch aliens or stargate or some **** but don't bother trying to find a plausible excuse for the aliens because they were tsupposed to be symbols of the alien hyp of the 50's

SYMBOLISM DAMMIT! SYMBOLISM!
lol

i agree pretty much fully with yoda here....M night's gotta be my favorite director for a number of reasons...

mainly it has to do with the way he combines topics which people have known and talked about for ages and mixed in twists and different perspectives so that what is shown hasn't really been thought of before...

my favorite piece has gotta be unbreakable because i got told the twist to the sixth sense so that was ruined and their was no true twist in signs but unbreakable really did come from a really clever angle with how he combined the usual format of most comic strips into a normal style movie plot....
now...
onto sign talks....
Kong what i don't think you realise about the aliens in signs is the fact that they were purposely made to be fake and stereotypical...shyamalan was looking at it through the perspective of the hype of the times when roswell was around.....movies of nowadays always try to make aliens look nething but like skinny green things with big heads and almond eyes because of how much that is the stereotypical way of looking at it and people tire of that but shyamalan played upon by making a clearly obvious copy of the ideas of aliens in the 50's or wheneva roswell was...he was using factual stories and things of that time to make a theme in the movie that was of those times...he was making his movie timeless but also with a definite style to it...hence all the footage in the movie of aliens was done in other situations which don't really make ne sense but happened neway in those days like the alien at the birthday party...why the **** would an alien just sneak past a ****ing birthday party?
the invisible spacecraft is a play on all those fake photo's of ships in the air that were taken when they put something on the lens of the camera like a ship u know?
he's using symbolism.... the storie is mainly about the family and the father getting back his faith...he purposely made the aliens fake so that the real story...the families story...was more concentrated on...if your looking for a solid sci fi flick about attacking aliens then watch aliens or stargate or some **** but don't bother trying to find a plausible excuse for the aliens because they were supposed to be symbols of the alien hype of the 50's

SYMBOLISM DAMMIT! SYMBOLISM!
lol

I'm a Big Fat Dynamo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think all of his films have been poor - all too slow and boring

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by BigDov
Think all of his films have been poor - all too slow and boring
I have to disagree, I believe that if they were rushed they wouldnt be as suspensful

I'm a Big Fat Dynamo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Agent 0 Zero
I have to disagree, I believe that if they were rushed they wouldnt be as suspensful
Very true - guess maybe I just don't have the patience for them.

Give me guns, explosions and a scantlily dressed female every time

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by BigDov
Very true - guess maybe I just don't have the patience for them.

Give me guns, explosions and a scantlily dressed female every time
thanks

Unbreakable was great from the beginning to the end. It kept me guessing what the character played by willis was all about. Was he truly a super hero or not? And the ending was brilliant.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Unbreakable was unnecessarily slow at points - especially the scene at the end of his son walking into the kitchen, sitting down with his morning face and after a long pause opens the cap of the carton of orange juice, pour it into his cup, close the cap and continue to stare at his Dad with his morning face while the camera zooms in on the orange juice. It's as if the cup of orange juice is gonna mutate into some freaky monster till at the end you realise the point of that scene is really something else. But if it was sped up, the story line is suspenseful and unique on its own, and would definitely have held my attention more.

Signs is still my fav, I haven't seen The Village, but I get the feeling I may like it as much as Signs. Sixth Sense was just too scary, I couldn't sit through it without my eyes closed every few minutes

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Wat didya ppl think of 'unbreakable'?

It sucked. Nuff said.

I also say that Signs is my favorite of Shyamalan's movies.

However, about Unbreakable, I have a few words. The first is the one I think defines the movie:
Freaky.

Additionally:
I love the way the movie is shot- in mirrors, through seats, behind benches, in telly screens... It was very creative the way the film was shot, but unfortunately it gives off a sense of 'stay at a distance', if you know what I mean. It keeps you from seeing the characters, I think, because you tend to back off on them when you're at a distance. You give the characters 'space'. It's why some people shoot funeral scenes from a distance- you give the characters space. (have I gone on enough with that? )
I think the 'keep-you-guessing' was done well, although the movie does drag too much, IMO.
The revelation that 'Mr. Glass' is the bad guy really isn't surprising, I think, because he was portrayed as a warped character to from the beginning. There's never any reason to root for him, so why should we be affected when he turns out to be the bad guy?
All in all, I think that Unbreakable is the worst of Shyamalan's movies. It contemplates too much, hides too much, and simply is too weird.
I will give it good acting, fair directing (the methods used were awesome, but would have been better if used in moderation), and, if nothing else, a thought-provoking story.
*Signs
*Always
*The Hunt for Red October
*Pirates of the Caribbean; TCotBP
*High Noon

Anyone who starts a thread with 'wat didya ppl' deserves a stick in the eye.

Unbreakable is watchable and entertaining but a masterpiece it's not.

Unbreakable seems to be one of those films of which there are an equal number of people who loved it and hated it.

Personally, I thought it was a very fine film. Much better than Signs.

One thing that did annoy me about it though was after the amazing ending, it was slighlty spoiled by those ridiculous wrap-up comments explaining what happened afterwards. Most people wouldn't walk out of the movie thinking "oooh I wonder what Bruce Willis does next?"

Am I wrong??

I did. Seriously. That was the main reason I couldnt stand the film--it was so anticlimactic! I mean---you go thru all this hullabaloo to find out you are this "man of steel" as it were, and THATS IT?? waiting for sequel... waiting for sequel..... waiting for sequel....

I felt robbed. There was no closure, and that's what I hated about this film. The entire crux of the film ended with .....discovery? Sheesh. All those people had to die for.....discovery? Years and years of painstaking preparation for.....discovery?

Where was the big event that JUSTIFIED all that carnage? Im still waiting for an explanation to that.

I dont remember the "ending explanation" though. I cant remember if gave up at the end, and didnt see it, or if it was so underwhelming that I didnt regard it.

A system of cells interlinked
Closure? This film had perfect closure...It's a super hero origin story. There was no justification for the carnage...that was the whole point of Glass being the arch villain! That is the reason why he is who he is, it's the whole point of the movie. It makes no sense that he did that because he was a manic. Also, the search for self discovery is one of the great cosmic problems throughout time. How you are minimizing the concept I don't know...discovery is everything, it is what defines us as a species, the ability to imagine and discover. This is the concept Night was trying to get across, Glass explians this clearly in the film, and he explains why comics are a unique way to do this. This film is absolutely brilliant...

I think that I connect with most of Shyamalan's movies because the characters typically are trying to "find themselves" I see in them so much desire to be something, to break out, but they just trod along until something causes them to realize that is okay just to be who you are. The simple things in life can be so amazingly enthralling; I feel his movies express that. Whether or not this is his message I cannot tell, and yes there are many movies with such a message, The difference is that these movies (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village) all deliver the message in a way that seeps into your thoughts. No instant shock treatment, just a slow realization that life is not so bad. I get that feeling after I watch everyone of his movies. Granted I tend to be a bit biased because I have yet to find out who I am, but hey I am still looking.