is it ever ok?

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
is it ever ok?
i don't want to go in too many details on this, but in general... have u ever exacted revenge and did not regret it? not one shred of guilt.. its just a general question and i do need honesty on this. right now i am numb... just looking for people's replies. thanks ahead of time.

If you have to ask such a question, then clearly you are the type of person who will feel guilty. Otherwise you'd just go out and do it. Calm down, get a drink, this too shall pass.

But if you want to give us all the details and what you'd like done, perhaps somebody here will do your dirty work for you. Then you give a nod and a wink at the end of the instructions, saying whatever we do, don't nobody throw that sh!theel in the briar patch, and you have no reason to feel guilty and perhaps more importantly have plausible deniability on the witness stand.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

the numbness you feel is just for now. at some point of your life, conscience will really hunt you for that and you will carry it all your life and nobody wants to carry such burden.

I am half agony, half hope.
Don't do it. You'll feel like crap when you do, and that adds more pain to the first injury. Try to rise above and just think about all the ways you could take revenge, that usually helps until the feeling passes. You'll be surprised to find that the person that wronged you will suffer bad karma later, anyway.

Johann von Goethe

What Mrs. Darcy said.... ^^^^

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. ~ Confucius

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
this post is based on the last 2 days. i have a really close friend who went thru hell of being beat up and losing a child only to find out her ''sweet'' hubby had been dirty im'ing with an old girlfriend. she found all the transcripts and they had it out for 2 days. as i was the one person she trusted with what was going on. it has been stressing me out because she is just 8 weeks along and is high risk anyway with her past pregnacies. she DID email the chick and got some not so good responses. apparently they have worked everything out yday..but in the back of my mind i was wondering about revenage. like how could i handle that if it ever happened to me? i just know her past all too well and was numb from all the emotions til i posted this thread.... just explaining what was going on.

I will never understand why, when someone finds out their husband or wife is being or has been unfaithful, they automatically want to confront the other woman or man… like it's all their fault. In my opinion, it's not… the fault lies with the husband or wife. Period.

I agree with pretty much everyone else. Revenge usually produces a fleeting satifaction and a lasting guilt. Mark Twain said it best:

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

I will never understand why, when someone finds out their husband or wife is being or has been unfaithful, they automatically want to confront the other woman or man… like it's all their fault. In my opinion, it's not… the fault lies with the husband or wife. Period.
Agreed, and if the husband in question is beating her the healthiest form of a revenge would be to call the police and have him arrested. If you're being the supportive friend then I hope you are leaning on her heavily to do just that. And if she won't I believe anyone can call the police when it come to domestic assault. So maybe you should?

A system of cells interlinked
Great quote Yoda.

I ALMOST exacted revenge on someone, about 2 years ago. I got as far as kicking a door open and going after the guy, but when he crumpled to the floor, afraid (which is a joke if you ever saw me, I am just NOT a threatening person), I felt bad and didn't maul him. I'm just not a meanie, although I definitely wanted to be one that day.

I'm glad I didn't though, as I still feel bad about how that day went, even though I didn't actually go through with it...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Yeah the other party just wants to get some. Period. I do agree, that it's the husband or wife's fault. The cheating person.

In this case I don't know what kind of revenge to seek or why that would even be important. The important thing is how is this going to affect the potentional child. Can the two get along to raise the child. And it's not like actually cheating went on right? Just dirty talk?

I kind of wonder why the girl was going through his personal conversations anyway? I always maintain the belief that if you snoop around and find something you don't like, you're putting yourself at risk and should be willing to deal with whatever you find. If that means you break up with a person, then fine, that's your choice. But revenge? No. Be adult about it I say.

But again the issue is the kid. A child should grow up in a healthy family situation. I teach and have so many f'd up students that I see all the time. Not blaming that always on their family situation, but the fact that so many of the kids at the school I teach at have nothing but broken families to go to and no parental guidance at all, says a lot.

"Revenge is better than Christmas."

~ Elvira in Elvira, Mistress of the Dark

is it ever ok?
i don't want to go in too many details on this, but in general... have u ever exacted revenge and did not regret it? not one shred of guilt.. its just a general question and i do need honesty on this. right now i am numb... just looking for people's replies. thanks ahead of time.
Never I would never reduce myself to that level, If i did then I am no better than the person who I am angry with

Never I would never reduce myself to that level, If i did then I am no better than the person who I am angry with
I agree. I may want to get revenge on the person but I don't do it. Some people who hurt you deserve to be hurt back but let karma take care of it. Now its nothing wrong with holding a grudge (in my opinion). It's ok to not talk to them or like them. Just don't let it rule your life. Cut the person out of your life and leave it at that.