Dark Phoenix

Tools    

Can someone with more X-Men knowledge hit me up.

Does Jean always have the Dark Phoenix power in her? I thought she got it while in space, which is a scene in this film apparently. Yet she used the Phoenix power to kill Apocalypse in the last film. This obviously takes place AFTER the events of that one due to Storm being there.

Does the cosmic energy awaken something?

@The Rodent
Depends which knowledge you're talking about: comic book (source material) knowledge or movie knowledge. Unfortunately with both, they've been retconned to death (especially in the case of anything X-Men), so it's difficult to pinpoint which source material is considered the source material

The International trailer was just damn awesome. (Is Chastain taking the place of the Mastermind character from the books?!?)

Maybe it was the lower expectations but this looks ten times better than that force fed Captain Marvel movie.

This is actually a remake of X Men 3, since the last one was terrible they decided to try again. I don't know if it is going to turn out good or bad but I do know that this is not the last X-Men movie, certainly after Disney buying Foz they are going to milk the franchise way more, certainly they will show up in future Avengers' movies.

The International trailer was just damn awesome. (Is Chastain taking the place of the Mastermind character from the books?!?)

Maybe it was the lower expectations but this looks ten times better than that force fed Captain Marvel movie.
Captain Marvel's trailer reminded me of this:

Captain Poochie indeed.

Does Jean always have the Dark Phoenix power in her? I thought she got it while in space, which is a scene in this film apparently. Yet she used the Phoenix power to kill Apocalypse in the last film. This obviously takes place AFTER the events of that one due to Storm being there.

@The Rodent

Phoenix force is a bond all TK's have. The Dark Phoenix is a polluted aspect of that power. The manifestations are always different but time and space don't matte. They might introduce the White Hot Room or they maynot, we might see another vessel of the Phoenix we might not.

@The Rodent
Okay, so the way I understand it there are actually two things being combined. First of all Jean Grey had a dark aspect to her personality that Xavier isolated with his own psychic powers. That's from the other movies at least, and I don't know if it's accurate to the comics. The other aspect is the Phoenix itself which is a cosmic entity that encounters Jean and merges with her. The Phoenix force has its own personality and is part of the Marvel cosmology.

Phoenix force is a bond all TK's have. The Dark Phoenix is a polluted aspect of that power. The manifestations are always different but time and space don't matte. They might introduce the White Hot Room or they maynot, we might see another vessel of the Phoenix we might not.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Is this something more recent from a retcon? Anyway, it is true that the Phoenix can find other people to use as a vessel, and it is beyond the time and space. So in the Marvel universe they have multilple parallel universes, and each one of those universes has its own Jean Grey, but there is only one Phoenix (not one for every universe). However, in each universe Phoenix can take form within a different person. The Marvel cosmology is a mess and it's always getting changed by new writers. Now apparently there's also a "White Phoenix."

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is this something more recent from a retcon? Anyway, it is true that the Phoenix can find other people to use as a vessel, and it is beyond the time and space. So in the Marvel universe they have multilple parallel universes, and each one of those universes has its own Jean Grey, but there is only one Phoenix (not one for every universe). However, in each universe Phoenix can take form within a different person. The Marvel cosmology is a mess and it's always getting changed by new writers. Now apparently there's also a "White Phoenix."

The Phoenix can be a collective in AvX you had the Phoenix-Five (Namor, Cyclops, Collussus, Magik, and I believe Emma) you also had Quinten Quire and Jean Grey exist at the same time with the same Phoenix force so it most definitely is not just one thing,

The Phoenix can be a collective in AvX you had the Phoenix-Five (Namor, Cyclops, Collussus, Magik, and I believe Emma) you also had Quinten Quire and Jean Grey exist at the same time with the same Phoenix force so it most definitely is not just one thing,
I don't see how multiple people being able to simultaneously tap into an inter-dimensional being makes it more than one thing.

The more trailers I see the more interested I become

I'm really excited to see this. Is it too early to say that I think this one is going to be better than the X-Men Apocalypse?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm really excited to see this. Is it too early to say that I think this one is going to be better than the X-Men Apocalypse?
That’s an extremely low bar to clear.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Getting panned so far.

I knew it would be terrible after seeing the short teaser trailed released recently. The dialogue is laughable.

"something happened to me and what scares me", "it feels good", or "are you threatening me?", "that would be a bad idea", "Jean don't do this".

I must say that some of the dialogue I've heard sounds very recycled from other films, not even from this series.

One thing that gets on my nerves a lot though is the repeated use of "Hello old friend" when Erik and Charles meet. It never sounds natural.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's a real shame because First Class and DOFP are up there with the best ever comic book movies.

Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix have likely stalled the franchise.

Getting panned so far.

I knew it would be terrible after seeing the short teaser trailed released recently. The dialogue is laughable.

"something happened to me and what scares me", "it feels good", or "are you threatening me?", "that would be a bad idea", "Jean don't do this".

Sadly if it was getting panned I might be somewhat interested but the reviews seem to tell a story of an average uninspired dull film.