Honestly, The Saddest Movie You've Ever Seen

Tools    

Ok, I'm 99% sure I already posted a message incredibly similar to this, but I'll post it again, because this thread is really long. And yes, I know it's hard to believe, but TWT does indeed cry sometimes.
  • Braveheart. No doubt about it...every single time. I can hold back these days if I really try, but if I just let it flow, it's inevitable.
  • A.I.: Artifical Intelligence. Yeah, you heard right...when David says "I'll be so real for you mommy...please," I start to lose control. Took all I had not to bawl like a baby. Osment works wonders.
  • Saving Private Ryan. One line inparticular: "Tell me I've led a good life. Tell me I've been a good man."
  • The Patriot. Not much explanation needed here. Any reminder of the sacrifices others have made for my freedom gets to me. This movie, admittedly, tried to jerk tears out of me once too often (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean)...but it still gets to me.
  • Babe/The Sixth Sense. Weird, I know! The former is just so "honest" and heartfelt, that some of the sad scenes can bother me. I haven't cried while watching it...but I might be able to if I tried. I haven't cried while watching the latter, either, but 3 or 4 scenes in the second half of the movie make me sad. Movies about finding your purpose and dealing with poverty/hard times always strike a chord with me.
That's all I can think of for now.

Now With Moveable Parts
I hate when you see a sad movie at the theater,because you can never cry like you would if you were alone.During Forrest Gump...when Forrest is reading that letter at Jenny's grave,oh man,I had this lump in my throat that wouldn't go away...and tears were just streaming down my face...I was a mess.Then if the sad part is at the end of the movie,you have to go out into the lobby,and everyone tries to avoid looking at people's eyes...guys are trying to play it cool and girls are checking for mascara streaks...so awkward...usually it's all quiet and stuff.

Guy
A few pretty sad films --

Leaving Las Vegas -- the whole thing is pretty depressing

Magnolia -- when they are all singing at the same time, and many other scenes, like Tom Cruise visiting his dad.

Leon -- (spoilers) During the end, when Mathilda escapes but he can't fit so they leave each other behind.. and when he is shot in the back just before he is going to escape.

Requiem For a Dream -- mainly with the old woman when she goes around like a mad woman talking about being on the television.

American History X -- the end scene

Forrest Gump
Field of Dreams
The Deer Hunter

The Shawshank Redemption -- That last scene on the beach is touching.

Terminator 2 -- When Arnold says his goodbyes, weird choice, but it's a sad moment.

Just watched Saving Private Ryan for about the bajilionth time (maybe a slight exageration, lol) and I must say that I agree with Da Commish... that movie just gets to me.

I remember watching Platoon with my mom when I was about 12 years old and I was soooo embarassed b/c I just broke down when he comes running out of the trees... what an emotional scene!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Guy

Requiem For a Dream -- mainly with the old woman when she goes around like a mad woman talking about being on the television.

American History X -- the end scene

Forrest Gump
Field of Dreams
The Deer Hunter

The Shawshank Redemption -- That last scene on the beach is touching.

I'm so glad to see I wasn't the only one who cried at the last scene of Shawshank,it really got to me.People were looking at me like I had two heads(I was sorta-kinda sobbing)American History X is such an emotional move,I can't remember feeling so strongly in so many ways than I did during this film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
American History X is one movie I have not seen. Don't ask me why, but just have never watched it.

I get a little misty at the end of Armageddon.

Requiem For A Dream is so twisted and emotional, in a way the old lady is funny to watch, but in the end it's saddening to see what she goes through.

American Beauty doesn't get me emotional, but its sad what happens to Spacey at the end.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by spdrcr
I get a little misty at the end of Armageddon.

Requiem For A Dream is so twisted and emotional, in a way the old lady is funny to watch, but in the end it's saddening to see what she goes through.
Armageddon? Tell me you're joking.

Requiem for a Dream is now and forever the strongest portrayal of the "American Dream" in movies. It's one of the few recent movies that can be called 'masterpiece'. It's one of the saddest movies ever made. When Harry calls Marion...Sheesh.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm embarrassed to say this...at the end of Rat Race...when the brother with the tongue ring tells the other brother that their mom was watching them in heaven...I got a little chocked up-NOT A LOT,just a little.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ROFLMAO... Even my wife was dry eyed at the end of that one, and she cries at just about everything

Never thought I would hear anyone say that Rat Race had a tear jerker factor

Now With Moveable Parts
It did,I swear...c'mon...it was kinda heart warming there for a minute,oh nevermind...thmilin...where are you?She would agree with me...

philadelphia - even if i turn on the tv, and its almost over, it never fails to break my heart.

The only movie that always makes me cry is Steel Magnolias. Man, that movie is sad!

I can't believe yall haven't mentioned Bambi! That has got to be the saddest movie ever!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr
Top Gun, if you haven't seen this movie then reading this is your own fault, when Goose dies while ejecting.

I have seen Top Gun so many times.That part still gets me.This actually reminds me of a thread I wanted to start...thanks

Hi everyone. The sadest movie I have ever seen is The Greenmile. I cryed so much when I saw it, it is such a sad film.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
What's sad about it is not just because of Coffey, but because of what he tells Edgecomb at the end. It's pretty much true.

The Sixth Sense, now I know some of you are saying what!? But, it is really sad when everything falls into place at the end. Hopefully, that didn't give anything away

Now With Moveable Parts
no ,I totally cried at the end of sixth sense.The part when he whispers in her ear...so emotional.