Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Planet of the Apes

Nope. Not even a little.
Awwww, come on Pimp...not even a little? I like this film for some reason. And yes, the end does indeed make sense...

Meanwhile:

The Usual Suspects (Singer, 1995) - Still love it.

Little Miss Sunshine (Dayton, 2006) - I had heard many a rave about this film. I liked it, but not nearly as much as everyone else seemed to. A lot of this was recycled comedy, and the one character I really liked (Arkin) wasn't in it enough. I kept waiting to be enchanted by this thing, but it never happened. Not a great film.

Em, if that's the first Kevin Smith you saw, how come you know Jay and Silent Bob?

Well, I know of the characters.

I was being naive about the smelly pussy thing - of course people talk about it. It's just too gross-out for me. Though I am English, so I'm probably just more uncomfortable with these things.

I only just accepted that women farted a few months ago. It used to repulse me!

You should watch Shortbus. I have a feeling it's right up your alley.
Zing!

It does sound pretty good, actually.

Ah, sort of along the lines of The Rules of Attraction? I don't traumatize easily... I watch Requiem for a Dream for fun.

I was talking to happycyclist (*whispers* He has a problem with people talking about their private areas, I think he would mind a film with uncensored sex scenes...) You, on the other hand, are a big boy... You should watch it and report back to my thread...

You, on the other hand, are a big boy...
Aye aye

I was being naive about the smelly pussy thing - of course people talk about it. It's just too gross-out for me. Though I am English, so I'm probably just more uncomfortable with these things.

I only just accepted that women farted a few months ago. It used to repulse me!
No, women don't fart. I refuse to believe it even when the missus does it in front of me. Why does being English make us easier to offend? I heart ****ed up films :/

No, women don't fart. I refuse to believe it even when the missus does it in front of me. Why does being English make us easier to offend? I heart ****ed up films :/
I think everyone is misunderstanding me. ****ed up films are good. I like them, I think they're good.

And I don't mind talking about private parts.

But smells? Man, that's too much!

I'm just going to back out of this hole (get it?) thing. I watched Miller's Crossing, which was fantastic.

Novocaine - Pretty good. Liked Helena Bonham Carter, liked the toothy rabbit.
Lance Phelps: You know. You know. Like if this was a movie.
Frank: This is not a movie, Lance. This is real life.
Lance Phelps: I know that. But do they know that?
Frank: Who?
Lance Phelps: You know. The audience.

Code 46 - Really good, but I didn't get into it as much as The Claim or Wonderland. Comparable in theme to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I think this has much more powerful acting and cinematography but 'Spotless Mind' is better written.

Awwww, come on Pimp...not even a little? I like this film for some reason. And yes, the end does indeed make sense...
Not even a little. It seemed like T. Burton was completely uninspired. I usually don't get that vibe from a movie, but for some reason I did from this one. Even if you don't think about Burton specifically, it still seemed like an uninspired film. Did you get anything like that from it?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Not even a little. It seemed like T. Burton was completely uninspired. I usually don't get that vibe from a movie, but for some reason I did from this one. Even if you don't think about Burton specifically, it still seemed like an uninspired film. Did you get anything like that from it?
Well, I guess this is a guilty pleasure of mine. Most peeps aren't down with this remake, but I found it entertaining, and the end had enough to chew on for a bit afterward. At first I thought it made no sense, but after some thought, and a second viewing, it made more sense, and was pretty clever. As for inspiration... probably not the most inspired piece, no...but... what did you think of his Wonka redux?

Earlier today:

Little Miss Sunshine (Dayton 2006)

Liked it more this time around. I was pissy the other night when I watched it, so, since it was still laying around on my coffee table, I popped it in again. SOme parts of the film annoy the hell outta' me, but it's well done otherwise.