MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Wow! Amari Cooper completely went nuts yesterday, almost 50 points.

Merry Christmas league, yall are good eggs
Pm me what you want my new signature to be! Nice win!

I confess it feels good to end this painful season on a high note.

Poor PW, looks like it's Adam vs the Clowns for the final. Doesn't look like if Kupp caught those 2 tds it would have made a difference for Justin. Spaulding beat me by 6 points for high score of the week too.

Am I the only person who doesn't give a fig about the consolation bracket? I don't even allow myself to put in waiver claims during it just because I'd feel weird if I nabbed someone one of the actual playoff teams wanted (and I'd be mad if I were them and that happened).

Anyway, yay, I guess.

I had three teams this year, this one (we know how that went), another that was tied for 2nd despite losing Justin Jefferson, and a third that was just above .500 after losing Nick Chubb. Hilariously that last one's the only one still alive, but somehow they all got really slammed despite having all different first and second round picks.

Am I the only person who doesn't give a fig about the consolation bracket? I don't even allow myself to put in waiver claims during it just because I'd feel weird if I nabbed someone one of the actual playoff teams wanted (and I'd be mad if I were them and that happened).

Anyway, yay, I guess.

I had three teams this year, this one (we know how that went), another that was tied for 2nd despite losing Justin Jefferson, and a third that was just above .500 after losing Nick Chubb. Hilariously that last one's the only one still alive, but somehow they all got really slammed despite having all different first and second round picks.
I’m with you on the consolation bracket but I usually “play it out” in competitive leagues. I feel like it does a disservice to owners who are still competing if I don’t treat the weeks as I normally would.

Yeah it's a fine line. I 100% play it out in the regular season even if my team's out, that just feels fair, for the reason you say. For consolation, less so, but I also make a point not to drop anyone too valuable that might influence the real bracket. Fine line.

I do still mostly try to set my lineup "for real" in consolation, though. But I can't always be bothered, when busy (or when managing other teams still alive) to check on those last minute game-time things, which is how I've ended up with some late inactives the last couple of weeks.

Meh... couldn't pull off the hat trick vs Adam. It was just what I was afraid of too. Didn't save enough points from last week's bye to get thru to the final. Not having Allen was a bummer also. He was so good this year but finally got hurt at the end of the year. At least my draft strategy worked out pretty well. I am now convinced I don't know how to actually draft a competitive team and yahoo allowed me to be reasonably competitive most of the year. So, I'll most likely be auto drafting from now on. Well, good luck to the finalists and I hope you guys tie!

In one of my leagues there's a $1.00 fee for all transactions. I was in the consolation bracket and a couple of my WR's were declared out Sunday morning and I didn't bother replacing them. At this point in the season who are you claiming as a free agent that's going to do anything? Still crushed it that league - ended up with 40 points. I'll probably get a little shit for not putting out a full line up but what's the point? So yeah, the consolation bracket doesn't mean a whole lot to me either.

As for this league I was soooo tempted to grab Bryce Young this week seeing as how the Packers D makes every QB look like an All Pro but, c'mon Joe, surely you can figure out a way to shut down Bryce F'n Young? Wrong! Wrong! Young puts up a season high 26 pts while my back up, Howell, managed a stellar -1.76 pts for me.

Hm. Last match-up week 17 is me vs Yoda. I...don't know, what standing in the rankings were playing for? I do know that he has the better team. I...yeah I got nothin'.

Adam vs Spaulding is like watching two teams that have both won the Super Bowl in recent memory now playing in the Super Bowl. Well, maybe Super Bowl is overshooting somewhat in describing our league championship. I was very surprised to see Spauldings only won it once. His dominance has been Yoda-like to where I thought he was a multiple champion. If I were to pick the outcome of this one I think he will be a multiple champion, but this is this season we are talking about.

A system of cells interlinked
I was done in this league weeks ago, but I was a real contender in my other league. I entered the playoffs with my team firing on all cylinders, coming off a 6-win streak. I then proceeded to lose every game thereafter. Bah!

Meh... couldn't pull off the hat trick vs Adam. It was just what I was afraid of too. Didn't save enough points from last week's bye to get thru to the final. Not having Allen was a bummer also. He was so good this year but finally got hurt at the end of the year. At least my draft strategy worked out pretty well. I am now convinced I don't know how to actually draft a competitive team and yahoo allowed me to be reasonably competitive most of the year. So, I'll most likely be auto drafting from now on. Well, good luck to the finalists and I hope you guys tie!
Im right there with ya next year brother. I may auto draft in both leagues, I dont know, but Football for sure.

Oof, Adam just lost Jacobs. Top 20 back, first missed game all season, and with a good matchup.
I haven't seen anywhere that he's officially ruled out, but he's doubtful to play. Not his first missed game of the season, however, as this will be his third missed game in a row. WhentheLe'VeonBreaks has left him in his lineup the past two weeks and still put up over 100 points, so he's plenty capable of beating me even without Jacobs. I picked up his backup, Zamir White, a couple weeks ago before the TNF game. He's had two good games in a row, so I'm leaning toward starting him in my FLEX over Metcalf, especially since Metcalf is questionable himself with a back injury.

Yeah I'm just assuming Doubtful is out, particularly this late in the week. Off the top of my head I can't remember a Doubtful designation playing.

I misread the game log re: Jacobs missing other games. Surprised Adam made his way here without him, that's pretty nuts.

The trick is not minding
Just logged onto to find out Mostert is out. Great. Just great. I should have kept a better eye, but the weekend preparations and the long drive to Pennsylvania today prevented me from checking up on his status