Merry Christmas Music Tournament

Tools    

aww,thank you-that made me feel better
Im just relived i wasnt down and out during christmas break tbh..i feel almost slightly drunk lol

Have we all voted now D? I just saw in the shoutbox that Tongo voted so we must've needed a tiebreaker then
Yeah, that's a bit complicated. I PMed Topsy last night, and then I posted. Topsy, you were on a lot, but never replied to either note from me, so I asked Tongo to vote. Now I have votes from the both of you. I don't suppose he'll mind, but I don't like doing that. How come you didn't reply to my PMs and posts? I waited until 7:00 a.m. this morning, and had no choice but to leave. I tried like hell to not let the schedule get boogered. Oh well. I just had to be bitchy. I haven't slept in three days and nights.

I didnt see your post here,but i checked once i got the PM and voted-but like i said ive been sick so ive slept away most of the day so i didnt see it till late.I dont usually log out though so even if it says im on i might not actually be here.
Im fine with Tongos votes being used though,that doesnt bother me.

No, if I had a way to get on earlier, then yes, I'd of used his to get this going on, but now that you've both voted, it doesn't seem right to not use your votes. I truly don't see it bugging him any. He's not been in it at all, so . . . It does suck that he did the same two votes that I did, but that's just me being bitchy.

I'll post everyone's votes after this is over with.

Round 6!!!
The Winners!!!

Slade ~ Merry Christmas Everybody
Dean Martin ~ Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

PM Your Votes, Only!!!
Round 7!!!

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody vs. Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Your eyes are getting heavy . . . Very, Very heavy. You can't see or hear anything except Dean Martin. Goooooo Dean. Voooote for Dean!

PM'd my vote.

For the semi-finals I voted for:
Brook Benton - This Time Of The Year
and
The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York.

Glad Topsy's votes were used even if it did mean my personal favourite Christmas song of all time (Fairytale) was knocked out - wouldn't have been right at all for someone not involved to have decided what went through when there are an odd number of participants and all have taken part throughout.

A bit late I know but "Merry Christmas Everybody".

Fairytale of New York is the best Xmas song ever. I do notice it's appreciated more on this side of the Atlantic tho
Word!

Perhaps it's because on this side of the Atlantic people in general have far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far superior musical taste

(or it could just be that the artists are much better known to us and it's very much a part of the modern institution of Xmas for us)

Just a few random factoids from the Eurovision Song Contest
(from the official website: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/facts-figures)

Every year an estimated amount of some 180 million viewers watch the Eurovision Song Contest

In 2008 and 2011, a record number of 43 countries participated

Ireland has won 7 times, Sweden 6 and Luxembourg, France, and the United Kingdom 5 times.

Poland made the most impressive debute in 1994, when Edyta Gorniak came 2nd with To Nie Ja, closely followed by Serbia's victory in 2007. Although Serbia & Montenegro was represented twice before, it was the first time that Serbia took part as an independent country

Norway could be found at the bottom of the list as many as eleven times! The unfortunates came last in 1963, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1981, 1990, 1997, 2001, 2004 and in the Grand Final of 2012. Nevertheless, they also won thrice (in 1985, 1995 and 2009)

In 2001, the largest audience ever attended the Eurovision Song Contest. Almost 38,000 people gathered at Copenhagen's Parken Stadium to witness the first ever Estonian victory.

Most winning songs were performed in English - songs (mostly) in English won 26 times. French is also popular, with 14 victories. Dutch and Hebrew songs won 3 times each

Six different systems were used over the past decades to pick the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest

When Sweden hosted the contest in 2000 and 2013 - it was Denmark that took home the victory
'Nuff said - case closed

this message would be fully endorsed by honeykid had he known about it

Interesting Final 2. They're both good songs. Slade is rather unexpected.

Just a few random factoids from the Eurovision Song Contest
(from the official website: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/history/facts-figures)

'Nuff said - case closed

this message would be fully endorsed by honeykid had he known about it
yeah which again just proves to me that ya`ll dont have good taste in music or else we would have won

yeah which again just proves to me that ya`ll dont have good taste in music or else we would have won

I think this one is a little more appropriate

OK, I don't have Clazor's vote, but it isn't needed, so I hope it's OK that I post the winner.

We're only one day off schedule, for the twelve days of Christmas. That's not too bad.

I'll do that now . . .