MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Signups/Draft

Tools    

If Acuna drops to 5, it’s a done deal.
Nice try, but I'm getting him at 9th!

JACK DOYLE. REMEMBER THAT
Was he a tight end for the Colts or did I vote for him for city controller once?

Are the Yankees and Red Sox actually considered underdogs these days?
Yankees: No. After a *ghastly* near .500 season, they look adequately retooled after bringing in Juan Soto, Alex Verdugo, Marcus Stroman, and Trent Grisham.

Red Sox: Probably yes. They've finished in last place in the AL East 3 out of the last 4 years. Their ownership has been trying to use "being smart" as a cover to excuse spending below their means. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in 5th again.

My best guess for the AL East standings is: Orioles (1st), Yankees, Rays, Jays, Sawx

Yankees: No. After a *ghastly* near .500 season, they look adequately retooled after bringing in Juan Soto, Alex Verdugo, Marcus Stroman, and Trent Grisham.

Red Sox: Probably yes. They've finished in last place in the AL East 3 out of the last 4 years. Their ownership has been trying to use "being smart" as a cover to excuse spending below their means. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in 5th again.

My best guess for the AL East standings is: Orioles (1st), Yankees, Rays, Jays, Sawx
Maybe even if the Red Sox get Montgomery, they're still a 5th place team!

Rays 3rd?! Shame on you Sir. Though I am impressed with the Orioles turning their ship around.

Rays 3rd?! Shame on you Sir. Though I am impressed with the Orioles turning their ship around.
Add me to the list of people who they will prove wrong in 2024!

I think they have a great collection of position players, and lots of intriguing pitchers, but the rotation depth looks to be a problem. No Glasnow and no McClanahan at all, and no Baz until June or July.

A system of cells interlinked
I predict we'll all get roughly 8.3% of the players we want.
I am hoping for 9.1%

You want to know who I'm gonna draft? This guy...

I wonder what round Greg would have gone in a FBB draft? Did they even have it back then?

You want to know who I'm gonna draft? This guy...

I wonder what round Greg would have gone in a FBB draft? Did they even have it back then?
No, just missed! Greg Maddux retired in 2008 and this league started in 2009...

Les than a week before we find out what we will be driving the next 6 months. Its like mini-Christmas. Picking 11th I have the potential of a Honda Accord.

Les than a week before we find out what we will be driving the next 6 months. Its like mini-Christmas. Picking 11th I have the potential of a Honda Accord.
The hardest time of the fantasy baseball year for me is the period of time between drafting my team and Opening Day. It's terrible waiting!

The hardest time of the fantasy baseball year for me is the period of time between drafting my team and Opening Day. It's terrible waiting!
Its hard, but at least we have a healthy hope that our squad could be "the one". Then the season starts. You peek at your team and the Hits/At Bat counter says 2/30, or the balls being hit are thrown by your ace who had an ERA less than 2 the year before, or worse....they do phenomenal. Then nothing for three months, but you dont make any changes cause you think theyll rebound. Thats not even touching on how fragile everyone is. Theres way more injuries it seems in Fantasy Baseball than Football. There is no predicting it, there is no getting comfortable. Its great. I can see now why a dog can have so much fun chasing its tail.