Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Kentucky Fried Movie - 6/10

Not Zucker and Abrahams and Zucker's best, but still very funny and re-watchable. Love the Kung Fu main feature after the shorts!

Most interesting man in the world
You'll Like My Mother 1972 8 / 10

"Francesa Kinsolving, a very pregnant widow whose husband
was rescently killed in action in Vietnam, travels to visit her late
husband's mother in a snowy Minnesota town only to get snowed
in during a fierce blizard where she's forced to wait it out only to
slowly uncover some terrible dark secrets that Mrs. Kinsolving
has been hiding, one of them is her psychotic other son, a recent
escapee from a lunatic asylum, who is shacked up in the basement of the house."

-excellent performance by patty duke

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Call Me By Your Name (2017)

Pretty much everything about this film is 5-star gorgeous... the locations, the way it is shot, the authentic but not too obvious period detail (the rucksack, the disco), the music, the way the statues and the fruit all tie in to the theme of Elio's sexual awakening.

BUT I didn't care about the love story. I didn't believe in it. I didn't feel the chemistry between Elio and Oliver. And Armie Hammer looked way too old to play Oliver. (Plus that sex scene was ridiculous - they wrestle a bit and then the camera focuses on a tree.)

I knew from the start that I would not like this in the same way I liked the book, because what I liked about the book was the language and the way it got inside Elio's head so completely, the subjectivity of it. And maybe nobody could play Oliver convincingly the way he is in the book because in the book we only get Elio's perspective on him, and the film just isn't filmed in quite that subjective way.

Altogether, although I think it was technically very good, I wasn't moved by it the way other people seem to have been. I guess romance is fairly subjective and if it touches you, you'll forgive lapses in quality and if it doesn't, no amount of objective quality can quite make up for that lack of emotional connection. The exception of course is the ending, in which Timothee Chalamet's face says so much; that was incredibly moving.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Call Me By Your Name (2017)

The exception of course is the ending, in which Timothee Chalamet's face says so much; that was incredibly moving.

I agree, the last scene was the best.

Creep (2014)

-

I thought this horror was about a girl trapped in a subway but it turns out that is a different Creep. I think most members have seen this, but for those who haven't, it's one of those found footage/mockumentary types. It's not the worst or the best. There are only two actors in the movie, and I think it's their believable performances that make the it worth watching. I enjoyed it well enough but don't think there's much to it. I'd watch the sequel.

Creep (2014)

-

I thought this horror was about a girl trapped in a subway but it turns out that is a different Creep.
That Creep is one of the worst films i've ever seen. Haven't seen the 2014 one.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Very good made, boring movie.
The characters sewing, eating..., sewing, eating, vomiting..., sewing, eating...and so on.
Ok. The cast played very good and there was tension between the characters.

Only Lovers Left Alive (2013)

A big improvement over my first two Jim Jarmusch films (Dead Man and Night on Earth), although it wouldn't take much to do that. It seems apparent that his style is just not for me, but I do want to try a few more of his films. This movie has a great title and two strong leads in Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton. She doesn't seem to age, a good thing for most actresses, kind of funny I thought since her character doesn't either. I loved the movie's style and music and it definitely has some great moments. I just wasn't as engaged throughout as I needed to be. I enjoyed it at the very least.

This might just do nobody any good.

I want to know who’s idea it was to have the Justice League go grave robbing in their cinematic debut.

Day of the Dead: Bloodline
(2018)
2.5/5

All I can say about people in a zombie film ... - Dumbasses!

Creep (2014)

-

I thought this horror was about a girl trapped in a subway but it turns out that is a different Creep. I think most members have seen this, but for those who haven't, it's one of those found footage/mockumentary types. It's not the worst or the best. There are only two actors in the movie, and I think it's their believable performances that make the it worth watching. I enjoyed it well enough but don't think there's much to it. I'd watch the sequel.
I though you will like it way much Crick!! I f*cking love it.