Popped back to say high.

Tools    

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
'Ello.
Been away for a quite a bit so thought it was time to pop in and say hi to everyone. (as if anyone missed me! )

Been away doing training for a new job, which i'm happy to say i passed. So for the past 6 weeks i've been operational.... for i am now a fully fledged Prison Officer.

Am working at Brixton Prison in London and can safeley say it's a fantastic job. There have been some seriously 'BAD' bad points but also some rewarding good points. Am not gonna waffle on about them but if anyone wants the sordids then i'll post them up.

Anyhoo, good to be back amongst my fave popcorn munchers

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Ooooh, I want sordids, please. With a side of shining moments.
Good to see you, Sarge. Things have been quiet here in Mofoland, but we're mostly all still around.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Ooooh, I want sordids, please. With a side of shining moments.
Good to see you, Sarge. Things have been quiet here in Mofoland, but we're mostly all still around.
Just for you:

Good Points:

Get to help prisoners with difficulties write letters.

Arrange phone calls fr prisoners with no money so they can speak to their loved ones.

Give prisoners showers when they should be in their cells.

That sort of thing generally.. has got me a lot of respect of the prisoners on my wing.

Bad Points:

A prisoner facing 2 life sentences hung himself and died.

A colleague got a kettle full of boiling water thrown in his face.

Another colleague went to the assistance of a prisoner who had slashed his arms open, cutiing a major artery in the process. Whilst CHEWING a vein he spat at the oficer getting his blood in her eye. The prisone is HIV positive.

Got a socked filled battery swung at the back of my head... fortunateley another prisoner shouted to warn me so i managed to dodge (dip, duck, dive & err dodge) the first attack. Drew my baton and as he was coming for me again i had no alternative but to strike him with my baton and drop him like a sack of ****.

hey Sarge whats up. you staying around this time

The People's Republic of Clogher
My sis does the same job so you've got my heartfelt respect.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
hey Sarge whats up. you staying around this time
Yep, all sorted with the job and stuff so Sarge is back for the long haul.

Tacitus

My sis does the same job so you've got my heartfelt respect.
Sweet, thanks for that. Where does she work??? (i'm asuming it's maybe in the UK?)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by The Sarge
Sweet, thanks for that. Where does she work??? (i'm asuming it's maybe in the UK?)
She works in a prison in Ireland...and loves it.

Missed this earlier.... nice to see you back Sarge and congrats. Prison guard huh…. hmmm.... I might be in the market for a new job soon… any openings?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Missed this earlier.... nice to see you back Sarge and congrats. Prison guard huh…. hmmm.... I might be in the market for a new job soon… any openings?
Yep, there are openings in London but it will take up to 18months from first applying to passing all of the entrace tests to actually getting the job. Then it's 6 weeks training, then you go operational and start banging people up for a living.

If you're interested then let me know and i'll link you up to the website.