Nope's 50 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Jurassic Park

Ever since I was a kid I always loved this movie. One of my favorite cinema experiences was when I went to see this film with all of my friends when it was re-released in 3D, not much to say about this film, I just love it.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

Someone once told me that in order to realize if a documentary is good or not, you have to think whether or not you would have enjoyed it if it was fake. Even if Dear Zachary scripted (which it is not), it is one of the greatest stories ever put to film. If you are interested in seeing this movie, DO NOT look up anything about it. You will get the best experience from watching it knowing absolutely nothing. If you don't cry during this movie, you should go to a doctor and get yourself checked out. This is the best documentary I have ever seen, and the only one to make my list.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

This is probably Charlie Kaufman's best screenplay, but not my favorite film of his. The movie does not hold your hand, but you still understand the plot perfectly. My favorite part of the screenplay is how they never fully explain to you the science mumbo jumbo, but you still understand what it is, and how it works. This movie uses non-linear story telling better than any other movie I have ever seen (except one that will appear later on my list). Jim Carrey isn't spectacular, but does very well, and this is definitely his best performance to date. This is a great movie with arguably, one of the best screenplays ever written.

Master of My Domain
A lotta classic on this list, and although I'm not a fan of all of them, I love The Graduate and Jurassic Park. I kinda despise ESOTSM, that's explained why in a review of mine.

Being John Malkovich

Another Charlie Kaufman movie (this one being the best) makes my list. I have said many times before that Kaufman is my favorite screen writer of all time, and Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine, and this movie are all great examples of that. I wasn't such a fan of Synecdoche, New York, but that's just because it wasn't my kind of movie. If you are interested in Charlie Kaufman, watch all three of those movies, he has an incredible style, and great writing.

The Big Lebowski

Defiantly one of the top 10 funniest movies of all time, The Big Lebowski is the second best Coen Brothers' film in my opinion. This film delivers one of the best screenplays, and some of the best performances to ever come out of a comedy. If you want to hear me talk more about this movie you can read my review.

My Review

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2

I put both of these movies in the same spot, because in my opinion, they are the same movie. There is not one I like better than the other, they are both incredible. If I had to pick, I would say that I like Vol. 1 better, but only ever so slightly. This is the first Quentin Tarantino movie on my list, and it won't be the last. The fight choreography is some of the best I have ever seen, and if there are any films (or two films) that prove Tarantino is one of the greatest of our generation, this is it.

The Road Warrior

I have expressed on many different occasions my love for The Road Warrior and the rest of the Mad Max series. I have also stated that I believe this is the greatest action film of all time, and I stand by that statement. I talked about this movie a lot on multiple occasions so I won't go into to much detail here.

My Review
(I talk more about the Mad Max series as a whole here)

21. The Road Warrior
23. The Big Lebowski
24. Being John Malkovich
25. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
27. Jurassic Park
36. Rear Window
40. Raiders of the Lost Ark
43. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
45. The Departed
48. Groundhog Day

Master of My Domain
Yay 4 strikes in a row. You're on a roll bro! Looking forward to the Top 20.

Taxi Driver
Is there a better way to start off a top 20 than with arguably one of the most beloved movie on Movie Forums. I've loved this movie long before I ever found this site, and I still love it to this day. Everything there is to be said about this movie has definitely been said before, and I probably wouldn't do a very good job trying to describe how amazing this film is, so I won't even bother.

Taxi Driver
Is there a better way to start off a top 20 than with arguably one of the most beloved movie on Movie Forums. I've loved this movie long before I ever found this site, and I still love it to this day. Everything there is to be said about this movie has definitely been said before, and I probably wouldn't do a very good job trying to describe how amazing this film is, so I won't even bother.
Do I even need to comment? AWESOME!

The Usual Suspects

Did I mention before how I like a good ending? Definitely the best mystery film ever made, The Usual Suspects has some of the best characters and writing I have ever seen. I previously mentioned how I love Kevin Spacey, and this is by far his best performance. If you haven't seen this movie, watch it now, and then watch it again.

19. The Usual Suspects-Huge personal favorite

20. Taxi Driver-My #2

21. The Road Warrior-Ok for me, I much prefer Mad Max

22. Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2-Not a fan

23. The Big Lebowski-Great movie, such an enjoyable watch

24. Being John Malkovich-Not my style but love it anyway

25. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-Just ok for me

26. Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father-Never heard of it before

27. Jurassic Park-Not a great movie, but definitely great fun

28. American Beauty-Top 10 for me

29. Donnie Darko-I know I like it, but I need a rewatch

30. The Graduate-Excellent, a little short of being a favorite

31. Back to the Future Part II-Don't remember well, I think because it was just ok for me

32. Back to the Future-Awesome

33. The Bridge on the River Kwai-Awesome

34. In Bruges-Loved this*

35. Pinocchio-One of the greatest animations

36. Rear Window-Awesome*

37. Adaptation-Not my style but thought it was terrific*

38. The Day the Earth Stood Still-On my watchlist

39. Star Wars-Great classic*

40. Raiders of the Lost Ark-Thr greatest action adventure movie

41. Toy Story-Not a fan

42. Léon: The Professional-Good movie

43. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid-Very entertaining but not a favorite

44. Chinatown-Big personal favorite

45. The Departed-Big personal favorite

46. The Deer Hunter-Big personal favorite

47. The Maltese Falcon-Great classic*

48. Groundhog Day-Not a favorite, but very good

49. Ed Wood-On my watchlist

50. Little Miss Sunshine-On my watchlist

Master of My Domain
Who the hell doesn't love. or at least decently like Taxi Driver? The Usual Suspects was not for me but it's due for a rewatch.