Best Helicopter scenes on film

Tools    

Unhealthy love for helicopters
Another great (but poignant) helicopter scene is from another made-for-tv movie called "Birds of Prey", starring David Janssen. The plot is about an ex-WWII pilot who is working as a TV news traffic reporter and he witnesses a bank robbery getaway in another helicopter which is flown by a Vietnam vet. The scene is a at the very end of the movie. Watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Apocalypse Now was a good choice mentioned on this discussion. There isn't a lot of high tech imagery and fancy flying like in Firebirds. But it is the first movie that came to mind, partly because of the amount of exciting chopper footage. The scene(s) I am referring to is when the chopper squadron attacks the Viet Cong village. The anticipation is already building as the Robert Duvall character fires up his men for the mission, as the helicopters are preparing for takeoff. I thought it was cool when the guy played the calvary charge on the bugle as the choppers departed.

The scene escalates further as the music blares from the helicopter loudspeakers to scare the enemy, now that the village is in sight. Then there is a scene when the villagers are running around the village preparing for the attack, while you can hear choppers coming. There is very good camera work depicting a hairy landing zone, and the fierce exchange between both sides. IMHO, this is one of the best helicopter scenes in terms of action, excitement, steady build-up of viewer anticipation, and realism

that's what she said...
Laugh it up folks, but I liked the helicopter scene in X:MAN-THE ORIGINS OF WOLVERINE when he totally takes it down and sets off the explosion! WOOO

I think the helicopter scene in Die Hard 4 was pretty good!

I think the helicopter scene in Die Hard 4 was pretty good!
Really? The one where a car magically gets thrown at it? That was good?!? That was the moment I almost walked out of the theater, and in retrospect I wish I had.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Yep - that sucked. Glad I never saw this turd...

My favourite helicopter scene is from Jaws 2

The final sequence in The Satan Bug involving a phial of deadly bacteria rolling along the seat of a helicopter as it spins out of control above L.A., is also satisfyingly tense.

One of the greatest scenes with helicopter - "Reign of Fire" with base jump and dragon.

Love helicopter scenes. The previously mentioned Apocalypse Now scenes are among my favorites, especially the opening montage with the helicopters in the jungle blending with the ceiling fan blades.

Could also add the scene in Planet Terror where the pilot mows down the zombies with the helicopter rotors, although previously done in 28 Weeks Later. Also, the scene at the climax of Underworld: Evolution, where Selene and Marcus fight by the crashed, still-running chopper and the resulting carnage of that scene.

I am new here. This forum looks like what I have been searching for.

I seen a helicopter chase movie I think maybe 25-30 years ago? It has a 500 or 520. It was the most amazing flying I ever seen. The good guy flew along a river and flew into the brush or jungle to hide from the bad helicopter. Then at the end he was chasing a car thru the city streets. He almost crashed, when his skid hit the street.

I have been trying to find the name of it. I wish I could remember who the pilot was. I thought it was Larry Hagman, but I searched for him, with no luck.

Now I just found the name, DEADLY ENCOUNTERS, and an ad on ebay of a pic said it was on CBS in 1986. Ebay did not have the movie, just still pics.

I hope someone can help me find this movie? I would like to find it on a dvd, if possible

Thanks

It is possible. Jet Rangers are NOT armored. A hit in the fuel system could do it.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Appocalypse Now, Wagner playing as they fly over the water towards a nam village