The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Tools    

Meh. The first one was decent, but nothing spectacular. I'll probably see this one, but only because I suspect my mother will want to go.
That awkward moment when your mom is more interested in a teenager's novel/movie than you are...

I haven't seen the first one, so I'll have to catch up one of these days.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Well I'm 32, so I have about as much reason to be interested in a teenager's movie as she does. I know she's read at least the first book (probably the others, too), I went with her to the theater to see the first movie, and she bought the DVD.

Whatever, if I go with her it won't cost me anything but time and I'm okay with that.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked the first book, and the first movie was a decent adaptation, but I didn't like the second book much and hated the third, so I won't be bothering with the movies.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The books were a quick easy read-- read em on an Iphone, which for some strange reason, seems apt. Gonna have to see this one, as I have kids

I accidentally stumbled across the books as I was going on a dystopian reading binge. Really enjoyed them as light reading and was pretty excited about the first film. Perhaps I was a bit to critical when I saw it, but I felt as if they were trying to force this to be the next "twilight" series. I am probably going to rewatch the first one with the girlfriend and give it another chance and probably check this one out as well. But I agree with Thursday the second and third books weren't my favorites

Finished here. It's been fun.
Hope this film is an improvement over the first one. The first one is the definition of a mediocre movie. Not bad, but just not that good either.

I accidentally stumbled across the books as I was going on a dystopian reading binge. Really enjoyed them as light reading and was pretty excited about the first film. Perhaps I was a bit to critical when I saw it, but I felt as if they were trying to force this to be the next "twilight" series. I am probably going to rewatch the first one with the girlfriend and give it another chance and probably check this one out as well. But I agree with Thursday the second and third books weren't my favorites
Don't say the next Twilight please!!! Those were terrible movies.

Wile Hunger Games was not that bad the way I see it. Before whatching it I saw some kind of a teaser that showed absolutly nothing from the movie and I was like "Ok, that will suck." But after checking it out I was very plesantly suprised it waqs nice, entertaining and it made me laught on one or two places (plus it had Woody Harelson in it). So as a man who had never seen the books and had no hopes for this I can tell you I was very plesantly suprised.

So I am kinda waiting for the second installment, think it is going to be good.

AS you already know, The Hunger games was a remake of the famous Japanese film `Battle Royale`, the latter being more violent and cold blooded. I hope that the sequel has some original ideals.

^ It's not a 'remake' of Battle Royale. It's similar, as is Battle Royale to other films. The only things that are more or less the same are the children killing children and Government elements but apart from that the two films are very different and have different target audiences(hence not been as violent/cold blooded)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I certainly won't be bothering this time around after the disappointment of Hunger Games. Even if it gets unbelievable reviews (which it won't).

I will wait for DVD and watch that with mild interest.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Eh, I'll probably pass on this one, at least until it's out on DVD. The first one rather mediocre and IIRC Catching Fire is basically the same thing as the first book.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
AS you already know, The Hunger games was a remake of the famous Japanese film `Battle Royale`, the latter being more violent and cold blooded. I hope that the sequel has some original ideals.
Don't count on it.

WARNING: "Catching Fire" spoilers below
I'm pretty sure that Katpiss and the victors from previous Hunger Games are rounded up and tossed into another Hunger Games and nothing important happens until the last chapter or so. You can pretty much skip straight from Hunger Games to Mockingjay without missing anything.