Music Industry caught "Faking" View Count on You Tube.

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Title says it all, seems likely given that I always wondered how some of Katy Perry's trash songs got so many views so quickly and really good less mainstream music gets 90% fewer views.

Gangnam Style really 1 billion?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-industry.html

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'm too old for this world now. This might matter, but I don't see how.
Likewise. I don't even know what Gangnam-style is...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Likewise. I donīt even know what Gangnam-style is...
There's no need to know. Trust me.

Youtube can worry about fake views on their videos, yet I'm ridiculous for worrying about getting too much neg rep here?

The world as I know it has ceased to exist... Whatever shall I do??

I believe it's the lifestyle, especially the ladies, of Gangnam, a suburb of Seoul. Well, you did ask.
My brother works as a Pilot for Korean Air, though he wouldn't know...he hates the food there and most things there..lol!

My brother works as a Pilot for Korean Air, though he wouldn't know...he hates the food there and most things there..lol!
That was random, lol.

Gangnam style - if you live under a rock, you won't know what it is...

Gangnam style - if you live under a rock, you won't know what it is...
Oh, well, that explains it then.

The thing is they (music industry) cries when people get music for free, then it turns out they are increasing their revenue by using view faking software.

The higher the view count, the more money they make.

The latest douche manoeuvre from You Tube is just after the video you have searched for appears, 2 advertisement vids appear just above it RIGHT at the moment you click on your chosen video. So ****ing annoying and such a mega douche move by YT!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Gangnam Style really 1 billion?
I don't doubt that figure in the slightest. Considering it was a popular annoying novelty song which also came with a popular annoying novelty dance (which you would presumably have to watch the video to learn). I think the amount of times just my kids watched it must have run into double figures.