Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Definitely the weakest out of the trilogy but those it mean it's a bad film? Hell no! Still has the fantastic characters, great story and the emotion that the other 2 had as well but I dunno, it came out much later than the other 2 and the nostalgia factor to it is not there and the ending scene with Molly and Andy was absolutely cringe worthy but it's a still a fantastic film none of the less.

9/10

I think Toy Story 3 is the best of the trilogy.
I enjoy all three immensely. I still think one is my favorite but three is close behind. He did give it a score of 9, so its safe to say he loves all three.

I'm actually not a Toy Story fan. Like The Lion King, the first Toy Story movie came out during the anti-animation phase of my teen years. I hated it then and it has no nostalgic value for me now, which makes all its flaws really glaring to me. I do like them though, but the only one that I had a strong positive reaction to was 3.

For me it goes from best to worst exactly in the order of the movies. One is the best, while three is the worst. It's good and has some great stuff - the ending is phenomenal - but it does rehash certain elements of the second one quite a bit. Wish it had a more original story.

I think that Toy Story 2 and 1 are better. They are ok movies: 7/10,7/10, 6/10, respectively for 1,2,3. I think they feel a little superficial if compared to movies like Ratatouille, which have greater psychological depth.

I'll give all three Toy Story films a
. I usually don't like thinking of raking since I love them equally. Since I'll will have to rank them for Miss. Vicky's poll, here's how I'll do it. Because of Toy Story 3's ending, mine is 3, 2 and then 1. Without 3's ending, my list would be 2, 3, 1.

For me it goes from best to worst exactly in the order of the movies. One is the best, while three is the worst. It's good and has some great stuff - the ending is phenomenal - but it does rehash certain elements of the second one quite a bit. Wish it had a more original story.
That is probably fair. I think maybe the amount if time till three was released made me appreciate it more. Plus it was the first animated film that I had loved in a while. Of course all three lack the psychological depth of The Flinstones.

Of course all three lack the psychological depth of The Flinstones.
This is true.

Make a better place

Wrong Turn at Tahoe

I liked it, but if you're not an action fan I don't think you would

John Wick

a really good action movie, a must see for all action fans out there

Walk The Line

it may deserve better rating, it's just not my type of a movie

Toy Story 3 is sneakingly adult, it deals with politics and abandonment (that part where Lots-O snatches Baby for missing their owner is disturbing).

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

Slightly better than the first one! It has more killing, more action and it's more politically focused! They could have gone deeper into the rebels vs. the governement story but I'm guessing that is going to be the center of the next one...
Still, it's far from being great...

6/10

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

Slightly better than the first one! It has more killing, more action and it's more politically focused! They could have gone deeper into the rebels vs. the governement story but I'm guessing that is going to be the center of the next one...
Still, it's far from being great...

6/10
I can not believe you dont like the first one... the ending was the best!!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I can not believe you dont like the first one... the ending was the best!!
I thought it had the potential because the premise was good! The idea of having a day without a crime and all the political side behind it is really great! But I felt it was poorly executed! Maybe I'll like the next one!

This is everything I've seen from October 22 to November 1. Two asterisks indicate a re-watch.

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930), dir. Lewis Milestone

All That Jazz (1979), dir. Bob Fosse

All the President's Men (1976), dir. Alan J. Pakula

Bad Johnson (2014), dir. Huck Botko

Birdman (2014), dir. Alejandro González Iñárritu

Caché (2005), dir. Michael Haneke

Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United (2014), dir. Leo Riley

Julie & Julia (2009), dir. Nora Ephron **

Life Itself (2014), dir. Steve James **

Shame (1968). dir. Ingmar Bergman

St. Vincent (2014), dir. Theodore Melfi

Swelter (2014), dir. Keith Parmer

Chappie doesn't like the real world
This is everything I've seen from October 22 to November 1. Two asterisks indicate a re-watch.

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930), dir. Lewis Milestone

All That Jazz (1979), dir. Bob Fosse

All the President's Men (1976), dir. Alan J. Pakula

Bad Johnson (2014), dir. Huck Botko

Birdman (2014), dir. Alejandro González Iñárritu

Caché (2005), dir. Michael Haneke

Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United (2014), dir. Leo Riley

Julie & Julia (2009), dir. Nora Ephron **

Life Itself (2014), dir. Steve James **

Shame (1968). dir. Ingmar Bergman

St. Vincent (2014), dir. Theodore Melfi

Swelter (2014), dir. Keith Parmer
Nice to see someone like All That Jazz that much. I love Fosse. Also nice to see people responding positively to Birdman. I haven't seen it yet but am really looking forward to it. I'm starting to think I might not get disappointed.

Rosemary's Baby

Hail Rosemary's Baby
It's only one day after Halloween, so I decided to dip into my horror watchlist again to check out this acclaimed psychological horror flick. MAN, am I glad I did! I haven't seen too many Polanski films, but from what I've seen, I'm not a huge fan (I hope to check out more soon). But this was fantastic. I consider it to be more of a mystery than anything. When looking at it that way, it's one of the best mystery films I've seen in years.
The acting is all great. They really made me believe that Rosemary could be right OR wrong! This also comes from the great writing. It kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat the whole movie. It's long, but for good reason. I appreciate the slow burn/ character build for the big finale. Loved this movie. I already want to rewatch it to catch more things that I may have missed.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

The Innocents (1961)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Quest for Camelot (1998)

This is a wonderful fantasy movie about a young girl who wants to be a Knight of the Round Table like her father was before he died. With the help of a blind young man, she is on a quest to find the sword Excalibur. It has adventure, comedy, romance, a great voice cast, fantastic music, and more.

I don't know why this has movie gotten such mixed reviews, but it deserves much better than that. If you like fantasy stories about King Arthur, Excalibur, and the Knights of the Round Table, then I recommend this movie.