The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Just saw my mom. We have other company right now, so I am letting them visit with her. I'll be spending the weekend with her. She's in good spirits, and the little information regarding her health she gave me seemed positive. I am just really happy to see her. I've hugged her a bunch of times, kissed her cheek and forehead, and told her I love her probably more tonight than I have any other day in our lives.

Just saw my mom. We have other company right now, so I am letting them visit with her. I'll be spending the weekend with her. She's in good spirits, and the little information regarding her health she gave me seemed positive. I am just really happy to see her. I've hugged her a bunch of times, kissed her cheek and forehead, and told her I love her probably more tonight than I have any other day in our lives.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Okay, that's it guys. It's finished, I accepted it, but did not give up yet. I will still fight for it, but by now it's pretty much obvious it's the end, unless some incredible miracle happens.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Okay, that's it guys. It's finished, I accepted it, but did not give up yet. I will still fight for it, but by now it's pretty much obvious it's the end, unless some incredible miracle happens.
Is this with your lady friend? Damn. Sorry matey.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I found out my mom now has stage 4 cancer. It could very well kill her. I have no idea how to cope with this. I don't know how to handle this. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I find myself getting angry, but I am helpless, so I know that can't be healthy for me. I start thinking of what I'll do if my mother passes from this, but she's not even dead yet. I don't want to think of that; I still want to feel the hope that she'll come out of this alright. I don't know though, because the doctor said something along the lines of it might not be curable, but treatable. I don't even know what that means. I am scared and hurting and sad and angry and overwhelmed. My mom is three hours away from me, so I haven't even be able to hug her and tell her I love her to her face. I don't know how to cope with this.
Hello mate. So sorry to hear about your mum illness. I don't know if you know, but my mum went into hospital with a illness a few weeks ago only for us all to be told its killing her and there was nothing they can do. My mum passed around a week after going into hospital and it was one of the worst times of my life, but you have to be strong for her. She will need you mate, and your family will all need each other. PM if you need to talk about anything. And i really hope your mum is okay.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

That's exactly what she needs from you JJ.
Take care
x

I found out my mom now has stage 4 cancer. It could very well kill her. I have no idea how to cope with this. I don't know how to handle this. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I find myself getting angry, but I am helpless, so I know that can't be healthy for me. I start thinking of what I'll do if my mother passes from this, but she's not even dead yet. I don't want to think of that; I still want to feel the hope that she'll come out of this alright. I don't know though, because the doctor said something along the lines of it might not be curable, but treatable. I don't even know what that means. I am scared and hurting and sad and angry and overwhelmed. My mom is three hours away from me, so I haven't even be able to hug her and tell her I love her to her face. I don't know how to cope with this.
So sorry to hear that, JJ. That sounds impossible to handle right now. But once you get past the worst frustrations, be sure to do everything you can and wish to do for and with your mom. Not because she might pass away from one day to another, but do it because you want to cherish your time together and support each other and love each other. It's a tough time but be strong together, friends and family, and make the best out of it. Together. Love and companionship are much stronger than cancer. Cancer can't kill that. Know that.

I'll be thinking of you bro. Right now I'm going through my own sh*t but sometimes coming here is a good thing for me. Not to read people's misery and see how bad others have it, but to feel less alone and to connect emotionally with the people here. In some ways this thread makes me stronger and makes the support I want to give to others work as therapy as well.

Thoughts out to all mofos and their individual struggles. We all have them. There are big and small struggles, but non are insignificant or less important or relevant. Let's support each other. Mofo support is the best support.

Is this with your lady friend? Damn. Sorry matey.
Yes. I still have time and strength to fight for it, because I never cared about anybody the way I care about her, but the situation itself is very, very hard.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yes. I still have time and strength to fight for it, because I never cared about anybody the way I care about her, but the situation itself is very, very hard.
Love is not always easy, Min. I hope it works out for you both.

@jiraffejustin

My mother also had cancer a few years ago and she ultimately was able to recover. I hate the fact that life is not fair and that your family might not be as lucky as mine. It pains me that I can't tell you that everything will be alright.
I will tell you, however, that you need to remain strong and be there for your mother throughout this whole thing. Few things are as important as the wellbeing of a parent. Be there for her every second along the way! Also be sure not to isolate yourself from the outside world. Talk about this to some close friends or your brothers/sisters. You need to remain emotionally healthy in order to be as strong for her as you can be.

I wish you all the strength in the world, my friend!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody. I would respond to each of them individually, but too many of you have responded. I suppose that's a good problem to have, as you all have been very kind.

My mom and dad just left, so I have another week to go before I see them again. It sucks, but the weekends are worth the wait to see her and my dad.

Hello mate. So sorry to hear about your mum illness. I don't know if you know, but my mum went into hospital with a illness a few weeks ago only for us all to be told its killing her and there was nothing they can do. My mum passed around a week after going into hospital and it was one of the worst times of my life, but you have to be strong for her. She will need you mate, and your family will all need each other. PM if you need to talk about anything. And i really hope your mum is okay.
I'm sorry to hear that about your mom. Just from what I've been experiencing, I know that has to be extremely devastating. I really appreciate the kind words.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I dropped my phone on my face and cut my lip. I also slammed my finger super hard and it's all black and blue. now my lip and my finger both hurt. support pleeease

What happened, playboy?

I dropped my phone on my face and cut my lip. I also slammed my finger super hard and it's all black and blue. now my lip and my finger both hurt. support pleeease
We'll need photos.

What happened, playboy?
Too much to talk about. Too personal. And I'm leaving for work in 15 minutes. I'm not alone in my fight, though.

None of it was your fault. Sounds like a classic case of sabotage to me.