Halloween Chat

Tools    

Well I've been wanting to do this for a whill now and I finally decided to do it. This is a chat about Halloween Movies (Michael Myers)

Talk about what you like about the movies, what you dislike, which is your favorite movie, which is your least favorite, favorite kills, favorite characters, least favorite characters, etc.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Jamie Lee Curtis (Aside from being hot back in the day) is the original queen of scream...... and The guy who plays michael is one sneaky bugger.

coke kills drink pepsi
They really need a movie to bring them back to there glory. 8 Didnt do them any justice

Favorite Movie:
Least Favorite: I like all the movies Halloween movies I saw.
Favorite Character: Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasence)
Least Favorite Character: Annie
Favorite Scene: See anything you like? lmao
Favorite Kills: Bob and Nurse Jill
What I dislike about the movies: Nothing

how about your guys favorites and least favorites?

coke kills drink pepsi
My favorites are four and five.

my fav is either 6 or 7, can't decide, fav actor is definately michael in 8, best acting I think

favorite kill is definately, and easily Laurie, in 8, there was the most story behind what happened there, and there was finally a good end to that saga between the two

I've only seen a few of 'em.
The first is a damn masterpiece. One of the best horror movies ever. Carpenter really knew how to put together an effective, scary film.

Two was pretty bad.

And I'm probably one of the few people around who actually liked #3. No, it's nothing great, but it has a certain cheesy charm about it.

My favourite is Halloween: Ressurection.
My favourite Character is a tie between Dr. Loomis and Freddie Harris.

p.s

Does anyone know why Jamile Lee Curtis has her H20 hair on the cover of Ressurection?

Eating you Since 1984
may I ask you guys why you like the Halloween movies so much? What really grabs you from the movies?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
It was one of the first slasher flicks.... Michael is just a better killer, and I prefer the atmosphere to Halloween then most other slasher flicks.

Eating you Since 1984
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
It was one of the first slasher flicks.... Michael is just a better killer, and I prefer the atmosphere to Halloween then most other slasher flicks.
okay, I can see that... but don't you think Jason and Freddy have better premise and origin than Michael? I agree the Halloween movies just seem to flow better but backgrounds for characters are key.

The first Halloween is one of my all time favorite movies and itis the greatest horror movie ever made. it was a perfect scary movie and it can never be topped. the second one was ok i just like to think they ended the series after halloween 2 just like the way Carpentur wanted it.
hallowen 3-6 were nothin special i have seen alot worse and alot better. i hated the whole Thorn story line and it it wasnt for Pleasenc's great acting these movies would have been completly horrible.H20 was actually pretty good but it had too much of a Scream atmosphere and sometimes i felt like i was watching a Lifetime movie and not a horror movie. Then Ressurection is 99% crapola it sucked so much. from the story to the characters it was just horrible. basicly it killed a series that in my opinion died a long time ago. the reason i said 99% crap and not 100% is because the mask looked like the original and Brad Loree was good at playing Michael. but hes not Nick Castle from Halloween 1.

Originally Posted by Dukefrukem
okay, I can see that... but don't you think Jason and Freddy have better premise and origin than Michael? I agree the Halloween movies just seem to flow better but backgrounds for characters are key.
well, freddy has the most in depth origin, but jason is just a kid that drowned and then got back up after he saw his mom die. Michael killed his older sister, and then patiently waited for 15 years, and then for no true reason, he chose that time to go after his younger sister, michael has a much better background than Jason, but he's about even with freddy. imho

-Ian

i dont like the friday the 13th movies. they copied alot from Halloween but halloweens sequels coppied alot from the friday the 13th series with the gore and the way Michael acted.

yea. the only things i really have a problem with in the series is michaels mask in h5 and the thorn story even though i havent saw both of these movies i saw some

Thorn's good, but the mask :no:

thorn =

Would Halloweens should i see, 4,5,6?
6 has the Thorn thing in it rigt? Coz thats sounds like something i should watch, although i dont think i've heard it mentioned in H20 or Res. Was it like Highlander 2 were Lambert and Connery were actually aliens but that was so stupid non of the other movies followed it or the knowledge of Thorn died with Donald Pleasance??