Is Ant-Man Worth Watching?

Tools    

I'm just wondering if anyone who's seen it wants to share their thoughts. There aren't many movies that look interesting in theaters at the moment. Ant-Man looks hit or miss. My expectations are low. I set them just below watchable. Not as low as Avengers, but about the same as Mad Max: Fury Road.

A good Marvel movie. I liked it a lot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A good Marvel movie? What does that mean? All the Marvel movies suck except for Spiderman and Spiderman 2.

My friend saw Ant-Man recently, and just told me that it was really bad. I think I can tell that it's not going to be up my alley.

It's okay. Nothing special. It was good to see Michael Douglas in something. But other than that, it's just your typical special effects movie. They spend a lot of time building up the story... and it's not like the story is special or anything.

How does it compare to its progenitor and classic sci-fi film; The Incredible Shrinking Man?
The poster of this movie looks more interesting than Ant-Man actually. Wow. Hard to imagine them making this movie in the 50s.

A good Marvel movie? What does that mean? All the Marvel movies suck except for Spiderman and Spiderman 2.
Why even bother creating this thread and asking if Ant-Man is good or not, if you don't care for any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films? Don't you think you already answered your question by not liking any of the movies?

Yes. I would say its one of the better MCU movies and the effects looked really nice

Boldly going.
I thought the action and the special effects were good. I liked the actors.

The question I have about Ant-Man is this: If Pym can make something small (like an ant or Thomas the Tank Engine) big, why doesn't he just get something valuable (like gold, or plutonium, or oil) and make it bigger and retire a multi-billionaire?

Why even bother creating this thread and asking if Ant-Man is good or not, if you don't care for any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films? Don't you think you already answered your question by not liking any of the movies?
I realised shortly after making this thread that I actually haven't liked the other Marvel movies. Also, my friend told me the plot was ridiculous. Like if he condenses when he shrinks so that his punches actually hurt more, then why does he keep going back to regular size and punching people? And, if he retains his full body weight (aproximately 170Ibs) then how can he run across a guy's arm? Wouldn't his weight force the guy's arm to drop as soon as he starts running on it?