What do you think of Mutt Williams?

Tools    

What do you think of the character Mutt Williams from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Krystal Skull?

I don't think of Mutt Williams at all. That movie was a crushing disappointment, the weight of which gets heavier and heavier the longer I think about it.

And it's spelled Crystal, with a C.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im not a fan of the Indy films at all

Welcome to the human race...
What do you think of the character Mutt Williams from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Krystal Skull?

If you keep starting threads like this you're going to get reindeer poop in your stocking!

Ho!Ho!

Eh, he was okay. Shia did a fine job and I don't blame him at all. I don't think the character was really a problem, and could have worked if the rest of the film had been better.

That said, the whole Tarzan thing was kind of goofy.

I think he was perfect. The concept that the son of Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood would be a rebellious greaser from the 50s who doesn't follow the rules resulted in perfect family chemistry. I think he is a great character and could hold his own franchise. I hope George Lucas changes his mind and decides to give him his own series someday.

I have tried similar threads to this series in other forums before, leaving a simple vague question to the masses without previously influencing their opinion with my own. I'm sorry if that's not the way things fly around here.

I have tried similar threads to this series in other forums before, leaving a simple vague question to the masses without previously influencing their opinion with my own. I'm sorry if that's not the way things fly around here.
No sweat. We have rather long and involved conversations around here and the way your thread(s) were posed aroused suspicion for a variety of reasons that aren't particularly germane to this conversation.

Anyway, yeah, I think a series or something could be interesting with this character. I do agree with Pike though about the film being a disappointing train wreck. That said though, there could be possibilities.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I thought that there was a little too much Mutt Williams in this movie. I like the set up in the first two Indy's better. It was him, then the girl, and then the sidekick. But Sean Connery in the third one worked because of the woman. (don't want to give anything away, but those who've seen it will get it)

I liked the character. It was believable that he'd be the son of Indiana Jones. I even liked all the nod offs and similarities to the relationship between Indy and his dad. But I don't think his character would work well in his own franchise. Mostly because his father is so damn iconic that any character other than Indiana Jones is considered a disappointment.

IMO, Indy 4 is unfairly bashed. It was a decent follow up to the trilogy.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I liked the character. It was believable that he'd be the son of Indiana Jones. I even liked all the nod offs and similarities to the relationship between Indy and his dad. But I don't think his character would work well in his own franchise. Mostly because his father is so damn iconic that any character other than Indiana Jones is considered a disappointment.

IMO, Indy 4 is unfairly bashed. It was a decent follow up to the trilogy.

I completely agree! Sure, maybe it wasn't as good as some of the others, but people act as though it was a complete disgrace to the series. It definately didn't deserve that

I think Mutt was great in Transformers, it's the bwestest film I have ever ever ever seen...ever. Mutt is soooo great I have a poster, I mean who could do it better than Shia Lu Buff he will win a Bofter for sure. Goooooo Mutt!!!

I completely agree! Sure, maybe it wasn't as good as some of the others, but people act as though it was a complete disgrace to the series. It definately didn't deserve that
Indeed. What I found most ridiculous about the hate surrounding this film was that people often complained about the implausibility of most of the action scenes in a sequel to a movie franchise that is known for it's implausible action.

I think people were just massively disappointed in the fact that Indy 4 was average at best, that they turned that disappointment into total hatred. I'm not surprised though. The 4th movie was long awaited, and by that time, everyone already had an idea of what they wanted the movie to be before it even existed. When they didn't get that, disappointment set in.

A mate of mine despises Mutt Williams and set up a facebook group saying he should of played him it's hilarious, but I agree with most of you he wasnt a disgrace just not the right character for the movie.