Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Am i too generous for gave baby driver 3 out 5? But yeah it one of quiet disappointment this year so far
I gave it 4.5. Eff da haters.

Last movie I watched...

Afflicted -
, maybe

Definitely feels like the elevator pitch was "Chronicle with vampires", but it still has its moments.

City of Ghosts

Documentary about Raqqa Is Being Silently Slaughtered (RBSS).It's an underground resistance movement that primarily used the media to show what ISIS controlled areas are really like to fight back against their propaganda. It started inside Raqqa (ISIS Capital inside Syria which thankfully it looks like it's losing atm) from mostly former Anti-Assad students, teachers, policemen, etc; before ISIS started assassinating members. Most members then moved away to places like Turkey and Germany with spies left there to get them information.

Yeah i dunno it's a very depressing and shocking documentary that i won't watch again but it was very good. This was the closest i got to watching any of the ISIS murder videos which are thankfully cut out just before the killing happens, but even hearing the gunfire after you see the lead up is so brutal. Don't really want to go into the politics of the members but i largely agree with them even though it's essentially a pipe dream at this point. So many tough moments like the brothers who regularly watch their fathers assassination video for inspiration in continuing to fight back; an attitude that's completely foreign to me i wouldn't be able to watch it once but these guys have obviously been through so much and they have such a different mindset. I do have a few problems none major, actually one really; it was overly dramatised at times. The end especially with the dude shaking with all the dramatic music as well as some of the stuff featuring the guys just living their lifes, the guy and his wife and stuff i dunno. I definitely think the director was trying to make this cinematic which works alot of the time for documentaries but considering the subject matter and the amount of story there was to tell i'd have rathered a barebones information presentation like LA 92 from this year.

This might just do nobody any good.

This would be a great movie if it weren’t for the kids.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Blade Runner 2049

I felt ambivalent about the original and want to revisit it. I have the same mixed feelings about this new iteration and want to revisit it but not right away. What I really liked....the romance, I thought it was unique and special.
The visuals and sounds created an interesting tone and world. The acting was also very good. The world, the tone, the characters, some aspects of the story were thought provoking, which is a good thing.

Can’t say I liked the length. Nor the action. Aside from the romance I didn’t feel the story elicited much emotion from me, overall, whilst watching however, as mentioned, it was thought provoking as an after affect.

I can’t rate it without watching a second time although it would be difficult for me to sit through this again so soon.

Sinbad! Sinbaaaaaaad!
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973)

Unbelievable! What a film!

Rating:
8.0 / 10

A New Dimension! Dynarama!

Went to the cinema today to see Happy Death Day. Groundhog Day meets Scream in this entertaining tongue in cheek horror flick as a bitchy college girl finds herself endlessly reliving the same day over and over again - the day that, no matter what she does, always ends with her being brutally murdered by a mysterious masked killer. This is an unremarkable but still fun piece of fluff that almost feels like a throwback to the late 90s post-Scream run of 'yoof' horror flicks, and there are worse things to be, it has to be said. Not great but perfectly watchable.

Antman 7/10

Deepwater Horizon
(2016)
Director: Peter Berg

Remind me to never watch another Peter Berg directed movie!

Damned if this wasn't the exact same structure as Patriots Game: I laughed when once again I seen Mark Wahlberg waking up with the wife in the 'quiet family life before the big event' opening scene. Same happy-dappy family stuff with mindless fluff talk. Filler material.

Then when we finally get to the big oil rig there's more filler...with on the job, derp dialogue, that was spoken so fast and with such fast edits and crappy hand held camera work that I got nothing out of it, other than the oil well wasn't right. The only interesting part was the story of noodling for giant catfish.

Then after 47 minutes into the film we finally get to the action....I thought this is where the film gets good! Ha, the most boring action scenes I've seen, sure the fireballs were big, but true action comes from narrative, not CG...and thanks to the director's ADD style of video game editing, we don't have time to care about the workers on the oil platform.

Then ugh, the director does the same thing in Patriots Game, he ends his film with clips of the real people telling their heart warming stories, talk about manipulating the audience, oh and it's more filler material.

What a crappy, crappy style of film making.

That's a shame you didn't like this movie as much as I did. I remember seeing this on IMAX and the visual and sound effects were so unbelievable. I don't know if that alone makes the difference.

The next movie on my list is actually Patriots Game, which I certainly have some good hope on.

That's a shame you didn't like this movie as much as I did. I remember seeing this on IMAX and the visual and sound effects were so unbelievable. I don't know if that alone makes the difference.

The next movie on my list is actually Patriots Game, which I certainly have some good hope on.
I rated Patriots Game the same as Deepwater Horizon but I think Patriots Game is a MUCH better film, much more engaging, and for the chase part of it, it kept me on the edge of my seat. The reason I rated it so low was, partially, I had a moral objection to the way the real events were shown. But it was intense. Most people have really liked Patriots Game, so you might like it too.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Thin Blue Line

Very good documentary... Strange case, but not surprising when you have the same Chief of Police when JFK was killed... Dallas is dubbed "The City of Hate"

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
Update: Morris (director), for his part, remembers: "When he (Adams) got out, he became very angry at the fact that he had signed a release giving me rights to his life story. And he felt as though I had stolen something from him. Maybe I had

Mauvais Sang [Bad Blood aka The Night Is Young] (Leos Carax, 1986)

Oddball and self-indulgent at times but there's good blood in there too.

The Apartment (1960)

Deepwater Horizon
(2016)
Director: Peter Berg

Remind me to never watch another Peter Berg directed movie!

Damned if this wasn't the exact same structure as Patriots Game: I laughed when once again I seen Mark Wahlberg waking up with the wife in the 'quiet family life before the big event' opening scene. Same happy-dappy family stuff with mindless fluff talk. Filler material.

Then when we finally get to the big oil rig there's more filler...with on the job, derp dialogue, that was spoken so fast and with such fast edits and crappy hand held camera work that I got nothing out of it, other than the oil well wasn't right. The only interesting part was the story of noodling for giant catfish.

Then after 47 minutes into the film we finally get to the action....I thought this is where the film gets good! Ha, the most boring action scenes I've seen, sure the fireballs were big, but true action comes from narrative, not CG...and thanks to the director's ADD style of video game editing, we don't have time to care about the workers on the oil platform.

Then ugh, the director does the same thing in Patriots Game, he ends his film with clips of the real people telling their heart warming stories, talk about manipulating the audience, oh and it's more filler material.

What a crappy, crappy style of film making.

I wish I could like this post 7 times.

Agreed with every word.

And yes, Peter Berg certainly isn't the best film maker... although, I did like Lone Survivor and Friday Night Lights.

Wonder Woman (2017)

Origins story for Diana... some of the feminist stuff I was afraid the movie would be packed with, isn't actually there and what is, isn't something that is heavy on the viewer or the story. The thing about the treatment of Diana, being a strong woman in 1917, when women weren't taken, well, seriously, was handled absolutely perfectly.

Diana's babe-in-the-woods thing (as mentioned by Bruce Wayne in BvS, although in BvS it was an act, whereas in WW she genuinely is a fish out of water) also makes Diana a highly endearing and enchanting character, and is played wonderfully (ahem) by Gal Gadot.
Gadot also plays the more emotional scenes brilliantly, showing Diana's softer, humane, and for want of a better word "feminine" side.

Also, when the action hits, Gadot shows her worth yet again.
Proper kick-ass heroine.

Exciting, intriguing, and it's paced absolutely perfectly.

The only faults... a little too much CGI in just one of the battle scenes. The rest of them were top notch though... and the other thing was the treatment of Danny Huston's character... I mean, what was he? What was that potion he kept sniffing?

Overall, I'd say Wonder Woman is up there with the tippy-top of Superhero Movies.
Possibly even in the Top 10 Best.

Let's just hope Patty Jenkins' influence can be brought into the rest of the DCCU.

Easily a

The New York Ripper

Incredibly nasty and vicious film. That's why i liked it; i think if a horror film makes me feel uncomfortable then it's doing its job. This is so nasty towards women, not just the killer nearly every character in it is a misogynistic and/or rapey creep, think that's what made it all so horrible that even if the killer isn't coming for them the women face abuse everywhere they turn. Thankfully i think i'm starting to get used to the weird and campy regular scenes in these Italian Horrors that normally bother me, actually i quite enjoyed some of them. Fulci's strength is obviously in his horror scenes though, just loads of crazy, distressing, dizzying mayhem scenes with great music and sound effects. My only real complaint would be the quacking; what the hell . I get that he wanted to make the killer unique in some way but i have no idea how he landed at duck, although
WARNING: "duck" spoilers below
i liked the duck mark at the poster what's her name spots near the end.
Very good, my favourite of the three Fulci's i've seen so far.

-