Top Movie Drunks

Tools    

Semper Fooey
http://www.hecklerspray.com/top-22-m.../200932060.php

Pretty good list, but no W.C. Fields.

One other glaring omission: Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou

Mickey Rourke Barfly

Welcome to the human race...
The fact that Frank the Tank manages to outrank Withnail is mildly depressing.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
karen Allen in Raiders of the Lost Ark should be in there somewhere.

Semper Fooey
I might not be a character in a movie,
but I gotta admit,
I pretty top drunk myself.
I bet you can't top this guy and he made it to 90!

While he wasn't ever really drunk on screen, I think Jack Torrence from The Shining should of been included. It was implied he beat Danny once when he was drunk and alcohol played a part in his descent into madness.

Rick Blaine was not a drunk. He just liked to drink a little over women. Big difference.

Semper Fooey
Rick Blaine was not a drunk. He just liked to drink a little over women. Big difference.
Don't a lot of drunks start that way including Bogart in real life?

Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand
Brick (Paul Newman), in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. His alcoholism is so gut-wrenchingly honest. Gotta love a guy who breaks his leg attempting hurdles on his high school track field in the middle of the night, drunk beyond all recognition. Oh - and if you're married to Elizabeth Taylor (wearing THAT white dress??) and still have intimacy problems...? It's just WAY too much whisky.

I can't leave out Elizabeth Taylor in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. I remember watching it and thinking, "I would NEVER want to be in a room with this woman... what a nightmare."

I'd have to agree with Dudley and Val being on that list. VAL VAL VAL. He just doesn't miss a beat in Tombstone.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I'm really not crazy about this thread but I wouldn't want Ned Seton in Holiday to go unnoticed

His wry, subtle humor has me laughing every time!

Getting blitzed every once in a while isn't being a drunk.

Arthur (Dudley Moore) should be #1 on that list no doubt.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Are you a drunk if you hold your liquor? True, Rick was just about slurring his words when he barked at Sam, but that was the only time in the entire flick you ever saw him plastered. A drunk is plastered all the time.