Good ENGLISH SPOKEN martial art films

Tools    

That's the complete list...

... Unless you want to watch any of the following:

Best Of The Best (1989)
Kickboxer (1989)
No Retreat, No Surrender (1986)
Bloodsport (1988)

Timecop (1994) is worth a look, too. Of course, if you don't like JCVD, you're pretty much screwed.

hm , looking to buy some kung fu films. i know ninja assasins is a must on blu ray , but any other good kung fu movies (english spoken) thats worth watching?
Yeah, Jake, if you want to be a pretentious..so and so, you better enjoy subtitles or otherwise your not really getting the full value, mate!

I'm kidding, Jake. I'm just making light of some other so called well enlightened posters.

Chuck Norris....there's a plethora of Movies there.

Unregistered Illegal User
Martial art films? Well it depends on what type you're interested in, cos there are many types, you have your Chinese martial arts and i find it helpful to break it down into different dynasty. I really like the Wong Fei-hung series. And if i am not mistaken i think the setting is in the Ching dynasty period. Then you have your Golden Harvest productions of the 80's and 90's which are mostly modern. Movies like Police Story, Armour of God etc ...i like this period as well, they're funny and the actions are really good.

Then there is the Japanese Chambara films which i really enjoy.

There are just too many types of martial arts films out there and usually they are very similar but also very different in the sense that, they're all martial arts films but they all have different actions and a totally different feeling (i am not talking about the plot of the films), its hard to explain but if you're fan of martial arts movies then you will know that every different genre (?) of martial arts film has its own flavour (for lack of a better word).

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

I'm kidding, Jake. I'm just making light of some other so called well enlightened posters.
Well, you know... I've seen some good dubs, but most are terrible, you have to admit. If the dubs were good, I'd go for them every time. For example, I usually watch Howl's Moving Castle dubbed, because I think that's a great-ass dub.

---

Enter the Dragon and Bruce Lee in general ~god yes.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
well ive been looking since i made this post. and ive took you guys advice and looked for foreign kungfu movies aswell....
and i ment fight scenes like this.
i dont care if their wired fights. i just like them Fast and fun

&feature=search

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Here if Chinese martial arts movie is what you want, try these.

1. The Three Swordsmen
2. Dragon Chronicles of Heavenly Mountains
3. Dragon Inn
4. Swordsman I.II.III - Although I and II are better than the third part.
5. The Bride With White Hair
6. The Legend of Zu Mountain
7. Fong Sai Yuk (Comedy, but good martial arts action)

Once you watched them all tell me which one you liked and i'll recommend more, all the seven listed movies falls under different genre of martial arts i was talking about. So if you like one type i can recommend more of that type .

Now you're talkin!

Prodigal Son
Magnificent Butcher
Eight Diagram Pole Fighter

check out anything with Yuen Woo Ping as choreographer

ok thanks alot

thanks aswell rhoten

couldnt quote xD

Check out Gordon Liu from Eight Diagram Pole Fighter in The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)

Good recommendations from Rhoten. The Bride with White Hair and The Legend of Zu Mountain are those kung fu with magic, which once you get used to them they're great fun. Also in that vein and also from Tsui Hark there's Green Snake.

Just a question - what about Japanese samurai films? do you like them ?

Check out Gordon Liu from Eight Diagram Pole Fighter in The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (1978)

Good recommendations from Rhoten. The Bride with White Hair and The Legend of Zu Mountain are those kung fu with magic, which once you get used to them they're great fun. Also in that vein and also from Tsui Hark there's Green Snake.

Just a question - what about Japanese samurai films? do you like them ?
Green Snake is very sexual lol... have you seen or read the entire White Snake Legend? I really like it.

eh sort of like crouching tiger hidden dragon o.O idk if youd call that movie sumari,

if not i dont believe ive seen one.

i dont watch to many foreigin films