Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

The first two Noir Hofs I hosted were for "Hollywood's classical film noir period is generally regarded as ranging from 1941 to 1958." but I wonder if that should be opened up to include any year from any country as long as it was noir? What do you think?
I'd prefer a broader definition to add some variety, but would be perfectly happy with a limited "classic noir" HoF. If we do go the wider route though, the real question is whether or not to accept neo-noir films.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of want to do a Neo-Noir HoF at some point as well.

I'd prefer a broader definition to add some variety, but would be perfectly happy with a limited "classic noir" HoF. If we do go the wider route though, the real question is whether or not to accept neo-noir films.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of want to do a Neo-Noir HoF at some point as well.
I could go with whatever the majority like. I do love classic Noir but then again some Neo Noir is cool to contrast and compare.

Anyone else interested in a Noir HoF?

I could go with whatever the majority like. I do love classic Noir but then again some Neo Noir is cool to contrast and compare.

Anyone else interested in a Noir HoF?
Yes!

Cool. Do you have a preference between classic noir like we did in the first two Noir Hofs...or....Neo Noir including foreign?

Links:

Film Noir HoF...Hall of Fame
Noir Part II Hall Of Fame
No preference really. Would it have to be one of the two (could we just both in the same HoF?)

No preference really. Would it have to be one of the two (could we just both in the same HoF?)
Yeah, I just worded that wonky. I meant a third Noir Hof could be either just classic noir or could be all noir (any year, any country).

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm in and I think, since we have done two classic noirs, doing an open-ed noir would be great.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
If you guys want to do noir over Best Pic that's fine. I was a bit busy this weekend so I never got around to starting up a thread

If you guys want to do noir over Best Pic that's fine. I was a bit busy this weekend so I never got around to starting up a thread
It's all good Raul. I don't want to stop you from doing Best Pic. I wasn't even planning on starting the Noir right away, and of course we can have a couple genre HoFs running at the same time as not all HoFs will appeal to everyone.

I'm looking forward to doing Best Pic! When can you start the thread? I already have my nom ready to go

I got no issues starting it tonight if there's still enough interest.
Yup, go right ahead.

Noir HoF...I'll wait on starting this until the time feels right and works for everyone. Probably in mid February? If that works?
Yes, but are we doing a 3rd Westerns as well? Not saying they couldn’t run at the same time but that would be three specialties at once.

Yes, but are we doing a 3rd Westerns as well? Not saying they couldn’t run at the same time but that would be three specialties at once.
Yes! I really want us to do another Western HoF. I'm excited for it. And I could wait even further to do a Film Noir HoF. I'm open to what people want as far as timing goes.

So...who wants to host the next Western HoF? I prefer to let someone else have the hosting fun on that one, hopefully someone who's not had a chance to host one before...or someone who hasn't hosted in a real long time.