Scream 7

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It is happening and this time, a new director has signed on replacing the duo of Radio Silence. Christopher Landon will be taking the helm of Ghostface's next killing spree.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-7-1235549639/

Oo interesting choice. To be honest, I thought the sixth one was a nice ending for the series if they decided to stop there. But if they want to make a 7th film I will definitely be there, really enjoyed VI.

The trick is not minding
How many of these freaking movies will they make?
Well, look how many Friday the 13th and Halloween films they’ve made over the years. Look at Godzilla, especially from Japan. Look at James Bond. Look at friggin Marvel! If there is any chance they can make $$, don’t underestimate a studios penchant to churn out these sequels. Especially if there is some sort of “demand” for these.

Well they need a new lead character or recasting the character, Melissa Barrerra has apparently been fired from Scream 7 due to some pro palestine comments she made...

I haven't seen them but the comment that got her fired was apparently an antisemitic one.

The trick is not minding
Well they need a new lead character or recasting the character, Melissa Barrerra has apparently been fired from Scream 7 due to some pro palestine comments she made...

I haven't seen them but the comment that got her fired was apparently an antisemitic one.
The comments that I saw were not antisemitic and didn’t call out the Jewish community, but rather pointed out the well known but so far ignored history of allegations against Israel regarding apartheid in Palestine

Deadeye posted earlier there was another comment she had made that accused the Jews of using the media to avoid mentioning anything related to those allegations. Or there about a anyways.

I haven’t seen this post to confirm it myself yet. I think they were all deleted?

Either way, there should be a discussion about the allegations levied against Israel. However, that doesn’t seem to be a popular thing now. Go figure.

This is woke Hollywood at its finest. You must have political onions but those opinions must be along with a selective and narrow view. I don't agree with Barrerras assessment of the situation in the middle east but her opinion is valid.

The trick is not minding
This is woke Hollywood at its finest. You must have political onions but those opinions must be along with a selective and narrow view. I don't agree with Barrerras assessment of the situation in the middle east but her opinion is valid.
In this case, however, the woke crowd would be siding with Palestine, when you take into account the allegations of humans rights violations against Israel.
So not so much as being woke, but being afraid to go against Israel and their politics because they’re an US ally.

In this case, however, the woke crowd would be siding with Palestine, when you take into account the allegations of humans rights violations against Israel.
So not so much as being woke, but being afraid to go against Israel and their politics because they’re an US ally.

Don't make it too complicated. Some people need their pointless reactionary words to make them feel like they are actually saying something.

The truth is in here
End this franchise. With both Ortega and Barrerra out, this will not even be coherent anymore as a sequel. It should have ended with Craven.

According to Bloody Disgusting and Variety:

Variety details, “It seemed to some fans like the planned sequel was collapsing in real time. However, even before Barrera was fired, plans for the next Scream were being retooled. Ortega’s exit had required the creative team to make some alterations, according to individuals with knowledge, but there were still hopes that the actress might be convinced to come back for some sort of cameo. That no longer seems to be in the cards. Another source familiar with the franchise disputed this, saying Ortega was never in the mix for the new film.”

“James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick, the writers of the previous two Scream installments, will now work on a fresh draft to present to filmmakers,” Variety continues. “Some set pieces and twists may be preserved, but the movie will need to find new protagonists.”

Variety’s report also mentions Neve Campbell and Patrick Dempsey as actors the studio may potentially be interested in bringing into Scream 7, but they make it clear that neither actor has been in active negotiations up to this point. Dempsey hasn’t been seen in the franchise since Scream 3, while Campbell didn’t appear in Scream VI due to a salary dispute.

Scream and Scream VI directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett (Radio Silence) will remain on board as executive producers, as will Chad Villella.

Scream 7 should be all new cast, then. I don't want to watch half assed and contrived performances from former characters. Also, I think including former cast would lead to contrived plot.

No Melissa Barrerra- no other familiar cast, that's my IMO.

Yeah, either a hard reboot or end it. I've mostly enjoyed the series, watching them find new ways to keep it going. But between Campbell being gone AND their ostensible new cast falling apart, time to pack it in in one sense or another. And I say that as someone who used to really look forward to each new installment, and thought a couple of the later ones were actually quite worthwhile.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Neve Campbell is back and Kevin Williamson is going to direct the film, but he's not writing it. Guy Busick, who co-wrote the last 2 films, is going solo as the screenwriter.
https://deadline.com/2024/03/neve-ca...-7-1235856220/

They finally met her price!!