Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Trouble at the Torino/Juve game I see. Strong words from the Juve manager too, saying "We need to improve to bring people back to the stadium and kids first of all, given that only a madman would bring them along with everything that happens today.”

Trouble at the Torino/Juve game I see. Strong words from the Juve manager too, saying "We need to improve to bring people back to the stadium and kids first of all, given that only a madman would bring them along with everything that happens today.”
Torino fans started by attacking the team bus with rocks and bottles before the game. As a retaliation during the game, Juventus fans started throwing paper bombs at the Torino supporters. 9 were hurt; a couple were seriously injured. It's such a shame to see my club act in this way. It ruins the whole feel good story of us finally beating them after such a long time.

I thought that,Fab. You finally beat them (and a Juve team which is leagues ahead of the rest of the teams) and it's barely mentioned because of the trouble. Do you think you can get a Europa League spot? Would you want it? Over here we joke (or not joke depending on who you are) that the teams fight to avoid those positions in the league. That you'd rather finish 8th or 9th rather than 6th or 7th, so as to avoid having to play Europa League.

I thought that,Fab. You finally beat them (and a Juve team which is leagues ahead of the rest of the teams) and it's barely mentioned because of the trouble. Do you think you can get a Europa League spot? Would you want it? Over here we joke (or not joke depending on who you are) that the teams fight to avoid those positions in the league. That you'd rather finish 8th or 9th rather than 6th or 7th, so as to avoid having to play Europa League.
In England I see what you mean. Teams like Liverpool and Tottenham would rather play Champions League or no European football at all because of their bigger aspirations. Plus, Europa League hurts the squad for the following game due to less time to rest (I think). However, I speak for many Torino fans and we would love to be back in the Europa League again this year. For a club like us, that is our most realistic chance of success. We're currently sitting 3 points out of a spot, but there are 4 other teams within 3 points as well. It's hard to see us making it.

It happens sometimes, where you do everything right but just can't score. However, while I only saw the highlights of the United/WBA game, it didn't look like one of those. Anyone see it? Was that the case? TBH, my heart sank the moment I saw van Persie up front, a feeling which only grew deeper as I saw Rooney in midfield. We know a Pulis team will be well organised, so be direct and get people in the box. That doesn't have to mean putting in 80 crosses in a game, although with Fellaini in there it probably won't hurt.

We still should be OK, a four point gap with three to play, but these aren't the usual times at United. Already looking forward to next season. This year has been an improvement, but I've not really seen anything that Moyes couldn't have done had he the balls/reputation to play it this way. Once again, I think that's as much an indictment of the players as it is the previous management.

Looks like Chelsea are about to win the league.

The boring Chelsea thing is so annoying. It's not like they're George Graham's Arsenal or anything. A 1-0 lead does not constitute them shutting up shop and playing out the rest of the game. TBH, I'm hoping/waiting for Abramovic to fall out with Jose and then pray that United do what they should've done in the first place and get him to Old Trafford. No, I don't think it'll happen either, but I can only hope that the billionaire has a short memory.

Congrats to Bournemouth for winning the Championship. I hope they play the same style next season. I was pleased to see Brentford make it to the playoffs, too. I'm really hoping they can do it, too. I wonder if the behind the scenes stuff with Warburton (their manager) is the main reason they didn't qualify more easily, if not automatic promotion.

Care for some gopher?
Great, now Rode is injured as well! So we have to play without a midfield against Barca tomorrow.^^

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Madrid was awful tonight! The only positive is their away goal. Shouldn't be too hard to advance at home.

Is it only me who understand that this is semi-finals and there is no easy games anymore? What will make it harder for Real is that now they need to catch Italians who have advantage. Juve trashed Real last night, if they were a bit more lucky they would have more than 2 goals advantage.

Real will need to attack, Juve will wait them on counters and use fact that real has maybe 2 defenders.

Is it only me who understand that this is semi-finals and there is no easy games anymore? What will make it harder for Real is that now they need to catch Italians who have advantage. Juve trashed Real last night, if they were a bit more lucky they would have more than 2 goals advantage.

Real will need to attack, Juve will wait them on counters and use fact that real has maybe 2 defenders.
Real also hit the bar in the first half, which should have been a goal, too. Real's defence was in shambles last night. Their fullbacks were nothing short of horrible, leaving way too much space for Juventus to attack the 2 CB's who themselves weren't very good, either. I still think Madrid advances though. 90 minutes in the Bernabéu is a long time to hold off their attack. Plus, Madrid always turns it up at home.

Yep, congrats to Bournmouth and congrats to Bristol City on trouncing Millwall 8-2 in their final match and ending up on 99 points. The new stands are coming on great, it's going to be a good year in the championship

And this is why Mourinho will always be the superior manager. Pep's high line defence last night was lolworthy.

Mourinho's the best out there. I've had no doubt about that for years. Nothing I've seen over the last couple of seasons has changed that view.

I'm looking forward to Barca without Messi, too.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Please make Tony Adams buy the Villa. Please!

Then he can install himself as manager - I've got a soft spot for that club but think their current boss is an insufferable arse with an owner content to let the club stagnate like Newcastle only not quite so comical. People think Brenda Rogers is up himself but Tone is in a different league.

Not as self-aggrandising maybe but a hell of a lot more weird.