The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Aye, I can drop the 'seems' bit and concur that AC2 is fantastic - Got my villa now so the tutorial is finally gone. Much less Desmond in this game too and his presence did nothing but drag the first game down and away from the bits you wanted to be doing:

Climbing stuff and looking at the view.

A system of cells interlinked
This is ridiculous

And here's more about it, care of QJ.net

Estavillo filed a civil complaint charge this morning against ActiBlizz which he claims to have "deceitful" business practices, which “continues to maintain a harmful virtual environment to many of its customers by forcing them to follow the game’s sneaky and deceitful practices.”

According to Estavillo, World of Warcraft was designed “to walk or run at a calculated slow pace, resulting in the player taking longer to get where he or she needs to go in the game.” The slow walking, therefore, prolongs the gaming process, resulting in more subscription revenues.

Estavillo then turned again to his health problems - OCD, Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder, major depression and Crohn’s Disease - to what led to the suicide of EverQuest player, Shawn Woolley. He “doesn’t want to end up like Shawn did as he [Estavillo] relies on videogames heavily for the little ongoing happiness he can achieve in this life.”

And to put the cherry on the ice cream, Estavillo subpoenas Martin Lee Gore and Winona Ryder to testify on his behalf regarding alienation. He explains that "he (Gore) himself has been known to be sad, lonely, and alienated as can be seen in the songs he writes."

As for Winona, Estavillo reasons using JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye - a common interest between him and her. According to him, Ryder will be able to “explain the significance of alienation in Catcher in the Rye and will also testify to how alienation in the book can tie to alienation in real live/video games such as World of Warcraft.”

The banned Resistance player is now asking for US$ 1 million in punitive damages and a court order for Blizzard to make the WoW characters walk faster.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait, how is any of that a violation of First Amendment rights? Sometimes I reeeeeally hate the "blame game" culture. Everybody's problems are someone ELSE'S fault. Sheesh. I'm sure he clicked on a waiver of liability at some point while installing the game. His own fault then.

And, BTW, they spelled "Winona" incorrectly.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Wish I could see what it is. Yet another site blocked by my employer...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Some kid is suing Blizzard for causing him stress, and stealing his money, because his character walks too slowly. He states he "needs video games to socialize", because he has agoraphobia. He then had Winona Ryder called into court to speak for him, because they both like Catcher in the Rye, and therefore understand alienation.

Welcome to crazyworld

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The good news is we have bought another 360 for my boy for christmas and the package comes with an Arcade model, Forza motersport 3, Batman Lego, Pure and a black wireless pad for £150 it is the best offer I have found

Some kid is suing Blizzard for causing him stress, and stealing his money, because his character walks too slowly. He states he "needs video games to socialize", because he has agoraphobia. He then had Winona Ryder called into court to speak for him, because they both like Catcher in the Rye, and therefore understand alienation.

Welcome to crazyworld
Welcome to crazyworld, indeed. I'm sorry but the day you resort to needing video games in order to socialize, you're no longer a suitable candidate for life.

Could it be possible that it's his computer that makes his character walk slow?

What lawyer was told to subpoena Martin Lee Gore and Winona Ryder and actually did it? I guess he had to do what his client tells him, but I would've loved to have heard the conversation where he tried to talk the guy out of it.

Can I sue the people who make Borderlands? I wasted literally almost 20 minutes on it and now feel alienated from my sock drawer...

n3wt - That's a great deal and, of course, you can use your old hard drive.

Cochran "...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!"

Gerald Broflovski "Damn it!... He's using the Chewbacca defense!"

Cochran "Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests!"

GAH! Ignore all those lame links

Damn wiki....

What lawyer was told to subpoena Martin Lee Gore and Winona Ryder and actually did it? I guess he had to do what his client tells him, but I would've loved to have heard the conversation where he tried to talk the guy out of it.
I sure would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. I'm sure he's getting a lot of flack from his lawyer buddies.

That guy who is trying to sue Activision Blizzard, is a little insane. He has also tried suing MS for a his 360 having the dreaded RRoD, for having his PS3 banned from PSN and Nintendo for banning his modded or homebrewed Wii. So it's safe to say he's a complete muppet. Who was the nutty lawyer who tries to sue anything and anyone. Jack Thompson? Then you have the other guy who has a company called Edge (or has "Edge" trademarked,) and tries to sue anyone with the word Edge in their name from games, to Edge from U2. He also is full of shite and I thnk he works for the trademarking standeard thingy or some crap. Not great on the finer details me.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com...nd-d439e9.html

Lol, what is wrong with people?

Don't know why, but I'd say doing the GBA slot would doing te back passage. Weird, eh?

Lol, what is wrong with people?
"By all accounts he has a string of similar romances already behind him"

That poor DS doesn't know what it's getting itself into. The first time a PSP Go flutters its wi-fi connection LED at him, he'll be off!

Welcome to the human race...
And now for something completely different.

This is what I've been playing since Saturday (in addition to expansion packs and fan-made mods). What it lacks in genuinely revolutionary gameplay (unlike a certain other 2003 videogame sequel, that one about someone with half a life or some such nonsense...), it makes up for in sheer, no-holds-barred, grossly inappropriate fun. When it comes to videogames, guilty pleasures don't come much bigger than this.

Shame about the load times and lag, though. They almost ruin the game.

Welcome to the human race...
Brütal Legend - X360

Playing this makes me wish I'd spent more time on Psychonauts. This game is deceptively brilliant, utilising a mix of real-time strategy and straight-up action (with a few other things thrown in for good reason such as a guitar-playing mini-game reminiscient of Guitar Hero) and just manages to be fun in terms of both gameplay and its bombastic metal-inspired presentation. Can you think of a game with a better soundtrack?