Anyone likes flying?

Tools    

I just can't do without this. Haven't flown since the first days of 1991.

I know many people have fear of flying, but isn't it actually statistically the safest way to travel?

I love flying more than anything else. Nothing compares to taking off. This one took particulary long, due to heat probably, so I'd say it took off at about 350 kmh (about 230 - 240 mph)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I never liked it... It's not even the flying, it's the lack of privacy, the presence of the Gestapo....

But, I wasn't going to swim the Atlantic or Pacific, but I wasn't going to shy away from any possible trouble (which I won't mention)

I never liked it... It's not even the flying, it's the lack of privacy, the presence of the Gestapo....

But, I wasn't going to swim the Atlantic or Pacific, but I wasn't going to shy away from any possible trouble (which I won't mention)
Am I the only one who looks through the window during the entire flight? I mean literaly. It came to the point people were thinking I'm an *sshole who ignores them. But i couldn't even be bothered when they brought food. I was completely sealed to the window.

Am I the only one who looks through the window during the entire flight? I mean literaly. It came to the point people were thinking I'm an *sshole who ignores them. But i couldn't even be bothered when they brought food. I was completely sealed to the window.
I love to look out the window of a plane, the world is so amazing when seen from high above.

Love looking out the window too. I'd always want to be window seat on family holidays as a kid which was easy since everyone except from my dad (who couldn't care less whether he had the window or not) were scared of flying.

I just can't do without this. Haven't flown since the first days of 1991.

I know many people have fear of flying, but isn't it actually statistically the safest way to travel?

I love flying more than anything else. Nothing compares to taking off. This one took particulary long, due to heat probably, so I'd say it took off at about 350 kmh (about 230 - 240 mph)
🙈 i hate flying, i sail on cruise liners instead.

I love to look out the window of a plane, the world is so amazing when seen from high above.
I couldn't agree more. Where have you flown?

My first flight was Zagreb - Dubrovnik (if you remember, the town you liked)

The second one was Zagreb - Canary Islands. It was by night, but featured a spectacular landing in Malaga. We had to take in kerozine. You descend over the sea, and all of the sudden the runway appears. Unbelievable.

The third one was Zagreb - Madrid, Spain. First one by day. We came to the beginning of the runway, and suddenly plane stopped for minutes. I was sitting to the right, so I didn't see another plane descending until it passed us like a flash of lightning. I was watching it all the way 'til it came off the runway. You know that feeling when the pilot injects the engines and the take off begins? Intense. since it lifts of at about 300 kmh (which is close to 100 m/s) and after 25 seconds, the average acceleration is (speed divided by time) 4 m/s^2. That's between 1/3 and 1/2 g. The gravitational pull is aprx 9.81 m/s^2. so it feels like 80 pounds are pushing you horizontaly if you weigh 180 pounds. I was barely able to hold myself forward, so I could look strait through the window. When we took off, the ground seemed like it projectiled itslef downstairs. I even saw air force MIGs and chopters on the ground immidiately after take off. It was cloudy, so we entered the clouds in 5 seconds. Another 15 seconds later we came out, it was sunny. Amazing sight looking at the clouds from upstairs. Over Italy it became clear, so I saw Florence, Corsica, the Mediterrenean and Spain. Landing was also thrilling.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I always have the window seat but usually I'm just glued to movies because most of my flights are at night, but so nice opening the shade at dawn and seeing a mountain range or desert, or holy hell flying over antarctica. And always great flying back to my own city as the sun rises.

I couldn't agree more. Where have you flown?
No where really exotic, except we flew to Tahiti for our honeymoon. That was cool but a long flight! It was the only time I was on a 747. I remember getting off the plane in Tahiti and it was so exotic warm and humid and smelled of plumeria flowers.

Other than that just long boring flights from Seattle Washington state, to Florida...and there's no direct flights so it takes all day and by the time you get there it's really late and you're wiped out with jet lag.

Other than that just long boring flights from Seattle Washington state, to Florida...and there's no direct flights so it takes all day and by the time you get there it's really late and you're wiped out with jet lag.

LOL. Oh my dear, you have no idea what jetlag is. Fly to Aus, Rules. Follow the sun (that means you're in the dark ) for what feels like days and arrive at dawn. You'll feel like you crawled out of a microwave. Flying east to west is a NIGHTMARE!!! Sorry for yelling.

LOL. Oh my dear, you have no idea what jetlag is. Fly to Aus, Rules. Follow the sun (that means you're in the dark ) for what feels like days and arrive at dawn. You'll feel like you crawled out of a microwave. Flying east to west is a NIGHTMARE!!! Sorry for yelling.
That's why it sucks they pulled Concorde out of usage. That thing took off at aprx 450 kmh, flew at 17 km height and did over 2 Machs. I think max height is actually over 20 km and speed around 2880 kmh, but it's more economic this way. I don't know if it flew to Australia, but even that would take 7 hrs from London.

I don't know if it flew to Australia,

It did.

I wish I had taken a video of my one and only never going back there ever again flight on Aerolineas Argentinas. Still traumatised. The worst flight of my life. Almost kissed the ground when I found myself on the tarmac.

I once had a 42-hr flight to Australia (with layovers)... and over 15 trips that were over 10 hours.

And I can never sleep on a plane.
I feel your pain, Matt. I flew from africa to Japan via Madagascar Reunion Singapore and somewhere else but by that stage I was a zombie. Got to Narita airport with the incorrect visa and they told me to go back to the country where I boarded. I did this

Only time I have cried in public