found footage horror recommendations

Tools    

Really struggling to find any good ones I haven't already seen

seen quite a lot already..

Blair Witch, Grave Encounters 1 & 2, As Above So Below, Creep, Creep 2, Afflicted, Noroi: The Curse, Hell House LLC, A Night In The Woods, Atrocious, Tunnel, Behind The Mask, The Houses October Built 1 & 2, The Devil Inside, Living Among Us, jeruzalem, Willow Creek, Sanatorium..

and many more so if Ive missed any, would love to find out..

not into vhs or rec or paranormal activity..
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Visit.
The Gallows
V/H/S
Any Paranormal Activity
The Last Exorcism
REC series
Cannibal Holocaust
Lake Mungo

Some of these are really good....REC.

Some of these are not....

Edit - Oops, just saw your last bit about Rec, Paranormal Activity and VHS.

Suspect's Reviews

[REC] is good but I actually prefer the American remake called Quarantine (2008). It is pretty much the same movie shot for shot but in English.

Exists (2014) is wonderful. It starts out fairly typical but once the tension starts to build it just doesn't let up. The creature is seen only in glimpses most of the movie, as it should be but, when you do see it properly, the costume is great.

The Monster Project (2017) has amateur film makers, youtubers, making a documentary in which they interview "real" monsters.

Troll Hunter (2010) It's a Norwegian film about a government funded troll hunter. It's strange but oddly enjoyable.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006) A film crew follows Leslie Vernon as he attempts to become the next big name in psycho killers.

Troll Hunter (2010) It's a Norwegian film about a government funded troll hunter. It's strange but oddly enjoyable.
I love that film . Especially the Mountain Kings.

Although I haven't seen it, there's a Doctor Who episode called Sleep No More (2015) which used found footage.

Also, when you think about it, Event Horizon (1997) is a bit of a found footage horror too .

There's the notorious British television special from Halloween, 1992 called "Ghostwatch". It was made so realistically, with several celebrities playing themselves, that the people who saw it for the first time thought it was actually real. It was a major controversy in Britain at the time.

There's the notorious British television special from Halloween, 1992 called "Ghostwatch". It was made so realistically, with several celebrities playing themselves, that the people who saw it for the first time thought it was actually real. It was a major controversy in Britain at the time.
Very good example. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer are currently doing some very funny sketches around 'haunted' public toilets that remind me of this .

I know I was 9 years old and watched it with my sister and it scared the hell out of us.

The Visit.
The Gallows
V/H/S
Any Paranormal Activity
The Last Exorcism
REC series
Cannibal Holocaust
Lake Mungo

Some of these are really good....REC.

Some of these are not....

Edit - Oops, just saw your last bit about Rec, Paranormal Activity and VHS.
I think I was going to watch The Gallows but then read some bad reviews which put me off..

seen all the others except Cannibal Holocaust which I just don't really fancy to be honest.

I didn't like Lake Mungo all that much.