Topher Grace Joins 'Spider-Man 3'

Tools    

Spiderman 3
Topher Grace has joined the cast of Spider-Man 3, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studio's Avi Arad.

Grace will join Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, and Thomas Haden Church in the blockbuster franchise.

Spider-Man 3 is scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, and will reunite returning cast members with director Sam Raimi and producers Ziskin and Arad, the successful filmmaking team responsible for the first two films.

The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales to date. Production on Spider-Man 3, which was written by Alvin Sargent, is scheduled to begin early next year.

"I couldn't be more excited about the direction we are taking the continuing adventures of Peter Parker," said Raimi. "Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing."

While speculation continues about which characters will be called into action, the studio will not comment on the new roles beyond confirming the casting of Grace and Church.

Spider-Man 3 is being overseen by Columbia's President of Production Matt Tolmach and Shannon Gaulding, Director of Development for the studio.

Source: Coming Soon

And this is my BOOMstick!
Shouldn't this be in the blog? Which by the way is never updated anymore.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Shouldn't this be in the blog? Which by the way is never updated anymore.
ya i noticed that as well, any guesses as to who topher will be?

well its good to see that Topher Grace is getting a good role after leaving That 70s Show which he was really funny on.

*writes down another reason to no see comic movies*
lol

He's great in everything he does.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by RESIST
*writes down another reason to no see comic movies*
lol
Hmmm, the kid is a decent actor, and I liked him in Traffic. Got any good reasons not to see comic films? If you have a few written down, perhaps you would care to share a few more?

Topher Grace is quite a good comedic actor and its good to Haden Church as well. They've got to include HOBGOBLIN for Franco, my guess is Jack OLantern for Haden Church and perhaps not even a 'normal' role for Grace in Parker's life rather than spiderman's.

Comic book adaptation are a very risky business. The only one'sthat stick closely to the original material is Spiderman and the original Batman movie. I loved XMen, Hugh Jackman was perfect for Wolverine, but they forgot Colussus and Beast, and Cyclops is no match (age wise) for Jean Grey. It looks more she has a toyboy!!!!

Well as far as I am concerned it's too far away for me. The first two have been absolutely spot on and I hope they long continue.

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

Kelsey Grammer as the beast?? I have mixed feelings about this one....Hope he turns out good, cuz he could F'up this really easily......I just have a hard time seeing him as beast.....Colossus was in the 2nd movie, but shortly.....Hope to see more of him in 3 too!!