Best of 2006 so far...

Tools    

www.forumninja.com
United 93 with a bullet inside a bullet lodged in the chest of another bullet. I thought Little Miss Sunshine was the best thing I had seen this year until that movie came along and crushed all my hopes and dreams. Awesome.

Hey all this is my first post i dont know if its in the right forum or anything, however i have forgotten the name of a movie, i remember seeing a trailer for it a few months back and thought it looked interesting. I am pretty sure it was a love story set over 1000 or so years, starting in ancient times then progressing to the future, also it had something to do with a tree of life, i remember seeing a tree incased in crystal somewhere in the trailer. does anybody know the name of this film ? any help would be greatly aprectiated

Originally Posted by Black Matrix
Does anybody know the name of this film?

Yes, we all know the name of that movie: it's The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream), starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. It was booed at it's screening at the Venice Film Festival last month, and it's currently scheduled for release at the end of November.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Little Miss Sunshine... Hands down...

The Break Up Was Pretty Good.

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
The Departed is easily the best movie I've seen so far this year. I doubt anything will top it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Departed just took the top spot for me.

Suspect's Reviews

Is That Your Best?
This is from what I have seen. Remember I am not allowed to view rated R movies.

1. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest
2. Failure To Launch
3. The Illusionist
4. Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby
5. Cars
6. The Lake House
7. Eight Below
8. Lady In The Water
9. Click
10. Scoop

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/MSakuro/me2.jpg

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Yes, we all know the name of that movie: it's The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream), starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. It was booed at it's screening at the Venice Film Festival last month, and it's currently scheduled for release at the end of November.
Booed by some, yet it also got a standing O by others...

"The Fountain was screened at the 63rd Venice Film Festival in early September, where the film was booed by some critics while others applauded it.[11] However at the public showing (one day later) it received a standing ovation." - Wiki

RT has it at 50% though... We shall see...Story sounds interesting, anyway.

ORO
1. THE KING
2. A SCANNER DARKLY
3. HALF NELSON
4. A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION
5. THE DEPARTED
6. BRICK
7. C.R.A.Z.Y.
8. CHINJEOLHAN GEUMJASSI
9. THE PROPOSITION
X. V FOR VENDETTA

Others: BLOCK PARTY, L'ENFANT and DEAD MAN'S SHOES.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
1- The Departed
2- The Illusionist
3- Little Miss Sunshine
4- World Trade Center
5- Click

I've not been impressesd by most movies to this point.

nks

Hey guys i have a question for yall. I have a project to do for my humanities calss for college and it is over art. I picked films and the topic i was assigned is sadness, so basically I am looking for sad movies. I need three movies and i visual aid for the project. What do yall think would be some good choices for my project? I would like my 3 movies to be pretty populat so the class knows what i am talking about when i am speaking to them. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

*Cough*thread hi-jacker*cough*

I guess I will try to help... even though I will feel used afterwards.

Million Dollar baby
(Eastwood, 2005)

Old Yeller
(Stevenson, 1957)

The Green Mile (Darabont, 1999)

Life is Beautiful (Benigni, 1997)

Dancer in the Dark (Von Trier, 2000)

Trois Couleurs : Bleu (Kieslowski, 1993)

...and on and on... lots of stuff out there...

ORO
I'd plump for BAMBI.

Thanks guys, I think I will go with Old Yeller, Green Mile, and Bambi. Great advice guys.

I would go for Dancer in the Dark if you want to get crushed by a film...

Also, See Requiem for a Dream if you want to experience some visceral cinema..not so much sad, per se. Harsh ****, though...

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I rolled my eyes all through Requiem For A Dream. I thought that movie was absolutely pathetic
Why?