Appreciation for British actors and actresses

Tools    

I wish we could disown Orlando Bloom, i'm sure he has no place on any 'greatest' lists, unless it's Greatest Over Rated Actors.

Emma Thompson
Kate Winslet
Helena Bonham-Carter
Olivia De Havilland
Hayley Mills
Deborah Kerr
Julie Christie
Julie Andrews
Maggie Smith
Judi Dench
Gemma Jones

Daniel Day-Lewis
Kenneth Branagh
Ewan McGregor
Jude Law
Ioan Gruffudd
Christian Bale
Johnny Lee Miller
Robert Carlyle
Liam Neeson
Tommy Flanagan
Alan Rickman
Colin Firth
Paul Bettany
Clive Owen
Ray Winstone
John Rhys-Davies
Gary Oldman
Charles Chaplin
Bob Hope
Ian McKellen
Patrick Stewart
Tom Wilkinson
Rupert Everett
Joseph Fiennes
Christopher Lee
Sir Anthony Hopkins

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

Ioan Gruffudd
Damned Hornblower, havn't seen F$ yet, but he annoys me.

The thing with British actors, is they aren't really. The names in this thread should be actors who frequently star in proper British films, not Hollywood as most have either sold out or are just capitalising on thier nationality. Damn Hollywoods dominance, Brit actors just flock to Hollywood.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
The thing with British actors, is they aren't really. The names in this thread should be actors who frequently star in proper British films, not Hollywood as most have either sold out or are just capitalising on thier nationality. Damn Hollywoods dominance, Brit actors just flock to Hollywood.
You go where the work (and money) is though. Damn artistic integrity if you can't pay the mortgage. Hollywood'll be knocking on Considine's door soon enough (he's already had a taste) and if he wants to have a varied career, off he'll pop.

It's not the actors' fault.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Sadly not. C4 have an annoying habit of assuming the audience needs spoonfeeding in shows like this. I don't know what criteria they used but if it's anything like the 100 Greatest Albums show from a while back (where the public picked 100 albums from a selection of 150, or something), the channel knows who's gonna be featuring heavily.

Link

It's like picking your favourite colour from a chart in a car brochure....

EDIT - I mean, Number 5: Orlando Bloom
Reading the list it makes me upset that Tim Roth is not included while some others are.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Reading the list it makes me upset that Tim Roth is not included while some others are.
Roth's maybe a bit 'indie' for that list, which I suspect was chosen by holding up a picture of Sir Tony to a bloke doing his shopping and asking "Do you recognise this man?"...

Roth's maybe a bit 'indie' for that list, which I suspect was chosen by holding up a picture of Sir Tony to a bloke doing his shopping and asking "Do you recognise this man?"...
Hmmm... perhaps. I think if the list had been made in the mid-90's Roth would have been in the top 10-20.

Put me in your pocket...
Another favorite...

Hugh Jackman.

You go where the work (and money) is though. Damn artistic integrity if you can't pay the mortgage.

It's not the actors' fault.
Absolutely right...and it can be true for any field.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Another favorite...

Hugh Jackman.
He is Australian

Put me in your pocket...
Away with him!? Nuuuuuuuu!!!

I know he's not british. I was trying to be impish.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Away with him!? Nuuuuuuuu!!!

I know he's not british. I was trying to be impish.
I bet he's on your favourite chinese actors list as well...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I bet he's on your favourite chinese actors list as well...

If there were a chinese Bond character I'd love to see him play....absolutely.

That's too rich.

"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."