Terry Funk, R.I.P.

Tools    

Passed away yesterday @ the age of 79. Obviously known as a legend of professional wrestling, the Funker crossed over into motion pictures. Sadden to hear about this even though rumors had been that his health had been in decline the past year or so. I'm sure there will be tributes on youtube and such, check out some of his content, just a great performer in a interesting profession. RIP

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I met him at a WCW event in the 90's - in real life he was a very kind, friendly person.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

The trick is not minding
I saw him and Mick Folly and several other ECW wrestlers in Reading, Pa back in the 90’s. Foley handed out brownies to the fans.

Funk was a legend.

Used to watch him on TV along with his father Dory Sr. and his brother Dory Jr. One time when I was a kid he was supposed to wrestle a black bear at our local auditorium. It was called off when the bears muzzle kept coming off. He and his handlers got on the PA system and accused some unknown someone of "sabotaging" the muzzle. They were roundly booed. I'm still not sure if it was ever supposed to be a legitimate attempt on his part. And even though our collective hearts cried out for some closure we, the audience, soldiered on.

RIP Terry.

Oh no! I tell you what though the Funker had a great full life. RIP Terry, one of the best workers ever in this business.

One of the greats, he was already a legend by the time I was watching in the 80's. It's sad to hear, but I don't think too many would've been surprised to hear this news anytime in the last 40 years, such was the man, his work and life.

R.I.P. Terry.

Let the night air cool you off
So, I know this forum isn’t a hardcore wrestling forum, but Terry Funk isn’t just one of the greats… he might be THE greatest professional wrestler of all-time. He had multiple great careers after multiple retirements. He has so much of a career that there is no footage of, and thankfully a whole bunch there is footage of. He was a star in Japan as a babyface gaijin, which was pretty rare in the 70s and early 80s as usually the gaijin were scary barbarians like Bruiser Brody, Abdullah the Butcher, and The Sheik. He retired in Japan in 1983, and he made magic with Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair in the 80s, put ECW on the map and made stars there, worked indies all the way up until the mid 2010s. He’s probably the greatest wrestler of all-time and still is underrated.