Netflix Instant Discussion

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I thought the new season of Arrested Development was pretty good.
Nearly every episode suffered from poor pacing and contrivance, due to the longer, more lenient format I believe. I think the new season is testament to how creative restraints can actually help something become better.

Nearly every episode suffered from poor pacing and contrivance, due to the longer, more lenient format I believe. I think the new season is testament to how creative restraints can actually help something become better.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Also, Instant Watcher is a good website that keeps track of new releases and expiring titles.
Thank you! I have been looking for something like this.

One instant streaming movie that I really liked was Lars and the Real Girl (2007).

Thank you! I have been looking for something like this.

One instant streaming movie that I really liked was Lars and the Real Girl (2007).
I liked Lars...it was just so odd, but having family from that part of the world, somehow it seemed familiar and like something some of my relatives might do.

BTW, there's also Instant Watch (different from Instant Watcher) and Hacking Netflix. Each is different, has different assets and all 3 work better than the real Netflix index.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
21 & Over it was okay, something to pass the time.

Flight A lot darker than I expected, dealing with one man's descent into madness through alcoholism.

Suspect's Reviews

If you're in the mood for something really off center, try The Call of Cthulhu. Made in 2005, it's an incredibly cheap (cardboard sets), 45 minute, silent, black and white filming of the Lovecraft classic. Made by a group of Lovecraft fans, it's done with enough of a combination of guilelessness and madness that it really works.

Cabin in the Woods has gotten to Netflix too. A great homage to dozens of horror movies, a sort of meta-movie, I loved this one.

To follow on a theme, check out Trollhunter. It's in Norweigian with subtitles, but it doesn't really matter once the trolls start to show up.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I'll second Troll Hunter. It was surprisingly good. I enjoyed myself a lot while watching it.

Depends on what you like. If you like historical science fiction, try The Final Countdown where an aircraft carrier goes back in time to December 7, 1941 (tomorrow) starring Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen.

Regarding Henry
Terms of Endearment
The Crossing Guard
The Polar Express

Lots of good movies on Netflix.