Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
One of my all time favorites and one of my nominations for the movie tournament. I knew you'd probably watch it and was just hoping you'd appreciate the story and the performances since it's not something you'd normally watch. Happy to see that you did.

Yes, I did watch it for the movie tournament. I also watched the movie that it's up against. Now I just have to decide which movie to vote for. I liked both movies, so it's not so easy to decide. Strange Days has a bit of an edge because it's sci-fi, but I liked Rashomon more than I thought I would, so it's a tough choice.

Yes, I did watch it for the movie tournament. I also watched the movie that it's up against. Now I just have to decide which movie to vote for. I liked both movies, so it's not so easy to decide. Strange Days has a bit of an edge because it's sci-fi, but I liked Rashomon more than I thought I would, so it's a tough choice.
Yea I watched Rashomon for the tournament, and loved it, but Strange Days is top 20 all time for me so I had to go with that.

The Wolf of Wall Street

Despite being 3 hours long this movie has some of the best pacing I've ever seen. So entertaining from start to finish. Leo deserved an Oscar.

9/10

Breakfast at Tiffany's - 7.5/10

Not as big of a fan as most here, but i thought it was a very fun comedy. This was actually my first Audrey Hepburn movie so i'll no doubt be watching more of her, esecially when the 60s/50s list come around. Not much to say here other than the highlights for me were the party scene, the lets find something we haven't done part and Audrey Hepburns character in general. I didn't really see much chemistry between Hepburn and Peppard here and the ending was incredibly cliched and abrupt, also the fact that Peppard here pretty much looks like a 60's version of one of my cousins .

Dear Zachary - ?

This killed me . The thing is my mum had already told me how it ended about a year ago, but actually seeing the child in the doc had an incredible effect on me. It was an incredibly well made documentary; one of the most emotionally crippling things i've ever seen, but i honestly can't rate this. I mean should it be 0/10 for the outcome or 10/10 for the father/son image it portrayed ?

The Two Lives of Mattia Pascal (1985)

(Italian: Le due vite di Mattia Pascal)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Finished here. It's been fun.

A Man Escaped

Brilliant.

A Man Escaped is one of the most absorbing prison films I've ever seen. Bresson's minimalist style is extremely effective here, as the movie confines you to the life of the main protagonist. Everything he sees and hears, is what we see and hear.By this I mean, there aren't going to be extraneous shots or scenes of anything that isn't related to the protagonist's life. The movie feels very grounded and real, and at a point you forget you are watching a film altogether. Pacing is a bit of a problem in this film, especially towards the middle(Imo at least). But it all escalates to a thrilling,nail-biting climax which really is one of the best film endings I've seen in quite some time.

Very good movie, and in my personal opinion Bresson's best.

-

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Bresson's best, indeed!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

The Wolf of Wall Street

Despite being 3 hours long this movie has some of the best pacing I've ever seen. So entertaining from start to finish. Leo deserved an Oscar.

9/10
Agreed, its a glorious film.

Psh, my post is the real original, I just posted it late.
Yeah, Swan did it first. What MV saw the the ghost of that deleted post.

What is all this hype around Persona I have heard, it is just Fight Club for women for crying out loud. Seriously beautiful film, very poetic and hypnotic.There is not a lot for me on an emotional level which will keep it from becoming a favorite. Very good movie and if it is towards the end of my 60's list then I will feel very good about the list I will have compiled.

The individual sketches mostly work a little better than the whole with Bakshi, in my opinion (except perhaps in Fritz the Cat).

His films sure aren't perfect, but they have something personal, something unique and something real and true to them. His editing style is also always interesting to follow and certain scenes are simply awesome to look at or have a certain entertainment value due to shock or humor.

I also liked Heavy Traffic, Gunslinger! I'd rank the three films I've seen from him so far like this:

1. Fritz the Cat
2. Heavy Traffic
3. Coonskin

I liked all of them, so I'm still planning on watching some of his other films for the countdown.

Desperado

Robert Rodriguez's sophomore Directorial effort as well as the second in the "Mexico" trilogy. Doing these movies back to back helped keep the tone of the series. I didn't like the conversion to english. I've also never been a fan of Selma Hayek. I also thought it was odd to replace the mariachi and then have him in the movie? The bigger budget was nice visually and effects wise, but there's just something about El Mariachi's style that was more appealing. Desperado earns the same rating as El Mariachi because of it's improved effects and acting, but if I had to choose, I would give the edge to El Mariachi because of the low budget grittyness.

NOW! I NEED YOUR HELP MOFO. I know the third is the weakest in the trilogy. Should I even bother watching it? I liked the first two so much, I don't want to ruin my view of the mariachi. Yes or No on Once Upon a Time in Mexico?

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed