What is the nearest example you've seen to a perfect movie?

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Blade Runner:The Final Cut- This is the definitive version of the sci-fi masterpiece. Incredible film that always manages to awe.

American Beauty-such a beautiful film. The acting,script,cinematography is just so incredible

The Godfather-this is an obvious one. This film is pretty much perfect.

Taxi Driver-remarkable film

Goodfellas-another scorsese masterpiece.

Well pick any movie from the IMDB top 10 and they are all flawless.

But Shawshank rules the roost!

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
The Assassination of Jesse James is definitely one of many. It exceeds in just about every facet of filmmaking:

Soundtrack: Nick Cave and Warren Ellis were remarkable.
Photography: Perhaps Roger Deakins at his most sublime. Every frame of this film is like a painting.
Performances: Casey Affleck was absolutely remarkable, and Brad Pitt excelled, too.
Directing: Andrew Dominik really gives us a classic, artistic, Terrence Malick-like approach.
Storytelling: By the end, the film tells a heartbreakingly tragic story about the darkness of fame and how myths can circulate through a society and basically distort reality and what really happened.

To me, it's very close to perfect, as is Paths of Glory.

Captain of #yoloswag
To be clear, just because I think a movie is just about perfect doesn't mean I think it's the best or it's my favorite. I mean it has to be damn good, but there's also that distinction. Anyways, some that come to mind for me as being very close:

1. The Departed
2. Youth in Revolt
3. Pacific Rim
4. Return of the King (which coincidentally I think is the greatest film of all time).
5. The Music Man
6. Jack Reacher
7. Toy Story 3
8. A Few Good Men
9. Airplane
10. Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

12 angry Men
Se7en
Schindler's List
The Good, the bad and the ugly
Godfather
Once Upon a Time in the West

It's curious because i didn't liked Godfather and Once Upon a time in th West when i saw for the first time. Now the more i watch them i find them better and better.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Terminator 2 is the greatest movie ever made. Watch it now!
Preferred the first, actually. Much more bleaker, grimer and atmospheric. I also thought it placed more emphasis on story, probably because of its minimal budget.

While I gave + rep for you because these three are great movies neither of these can be regarded as perfect movies. If you shown any of these 3 movies to the average film goer he would hate the experience. They are not accessible and not very entertaining as well.

A perfect movie is a movie that is simultaneously effective to the filmgoer with the most refined and least refined taste, a film that doesn't utilize any of the common methods and tricks to drawn the audience. A movie that succeeds as a work of art and as a mode of entertainment and for a very broad set of people. I have already posted a movie before in this thread that I still believe it is the closest thing to a flawless movie.

meh kikis delivery service is an ok film but yeah pretty meh.... im drunk and i really dont like your argument its pretty wtf. I dont care about the average movie goer and if i did it wouldnt make those movies less flawless. I am showing those movies to completely inexperienced moviegoers because they are flawless masterpieces. BTW i get good responses none the less. I hate the notion that some people are less inclined to understand "good" taste. Art is a delicacy that everyone can and should enjoy.

To be clear, just because I think a movie is just about perfect doesn't mean I think it's the best or it's my favorite. I mean it has to be damn good, but there's also that distinction. Anyways, some that come to mind for me as being very close:

1. The Departed
2. Youth in Revolt
3. Pacific Rim
4. Return of the King (which coincidentally I think is the greatest film of all time).
5. The Music Man
6. Jack Reacher
7. Toy Story 3
8. A Few Good Men
9. Airplane
10. Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
A copied film at #1?? hmmm.... Its already rehash!

Pacific rim and Jack Reacher as perfect?

12 angry Men
Se7en
Schindler's List
The Good, the bad and the ugly
Godfather
Once Upon a Time in the West

It's curious because i didn't liked Godfather and Once Upon a time in th West when i saw for the first time. Now the more i watch them i find them better and better.
I felt the same with The Godfather and 12 Angry Men.

I felt the same with The Godfather and 12 Angry Men.
You know , Godfather is an amazing film. But i still prefer the novel.

Captain of #yoloswag
A copied film at #1?? hmmm.... Its already rehash!

Pacific rim and Jack Reacher as perfect?
Near perfect. Perfection doesn't have to be measured by depth of character, how meaningful it is, amazing acting etc. To me, perfection is when a movie decides what it wants to be, what it wants to accomplish, and does it without getting sidetracked. How else can we measure perfection when nobody has identical ideals about what makes a movie "good".

Pacific Rim and Jack Reacher both did exactly that. Did they both have corny acting? Sure. Plot holes? Oh my gosh yes. But they knew what they were, I knew what to expect, and I left both 100% satisfied.

ALSO: The numbers are arbitrary, I should have just done dashes but when listing things I habitually use numbers.

For me perfection is acting, camera work, direction, cinematography, CGI if involved and at the end of the day, what is makes you feel, which is in line with what you said, movie does what is supposed to.

In that respect, Reacher/Rim falls short.

I would say go back in time, you list is change in a week!

Captain of #yoloswag
For me perfection is acting, camera work, direction, cinematography, CGI if involved and at the end of the day, what is makes you feel, which is in line with what you said, movie does what is supposed to.

In that respect, Reacher/Rim falls short.

I would say go back in time, you list is change in a week!
Besides Pacific Rim and Jack Reacher, my list has been the same for a few years.

It had everything. Great directing, acting, action, comedy, and drama. Even the soundtrack was complete money.

Captain of #yoloswag
It had everything. Great directing, acting, action, comedy, and drama. Even the soundtrack was complete money.
I was tempted to say that one but it's been a few years and I wanted to be totally sure.