Godzilla Minus One

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Loving the look of this trailer. Looks like a welcome return of Big G back to his terrifying stomping ways.

Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Wow. It looks like the titular dinosaur has gotten even bigger. Fortunately it sounds like they did not lose that dino-roar, my favorite part of old Godzilla movies.

My boy is back, so hyped, this looks great. ゴジラがんぱってください!

It's been a while since I've seen a new Japanese monster movie. Maybe if this one sells (I can't imagine that it won't), we can see a Mothra reboot, followed by Rodan.

I agree with Skizzerflake, I hope they use that iconic Godzilla roar (and his other sounds) - and often!

I wouldn't mind seeing Gamera.

You'd think the optics would be appealing to the King of the Monsters, but Godzilla has always been a bit Gamera-shy.

A system of cells interlinked
This is trending to be the best/highest rated Godzilla film ever made. I am hoping that means it is at least pretty good. Budget was only 15M.

Going in a little bit, l'll try to make my review helpful but obscure.

The trick is not minding
Was supposed to see Napoleon tomorrow, but my brother texted me “I got us tickets to see Godzilla Minus one for tomorrow instead.”

Time will tell if this was the correct choice.

Who am I kidding? It’s Godzilla!

The trick is not minding
Saw this and enjoyed it quite a bit. Themes of survivor guilt and post WW2 life in Japan was not what you expect from a Kaiju, but it worked.