goodbye, little buddy...

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Sep. 07, 2005

Bob Denver, TV's Gilligan, dead at 70

By Duane Byrge

Bob Denver, who starred as the loveably nutty castaway Gilligan on the hit TV comedy "Gilligan's Island," has died, his agent confirmed Tuesday. He was 70.

Denver died Friday at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital in North Carolina of complications from treatment he was receiving for cancer, his agent, Mike Eisenstadt, told the Associated Press. Denver's death was first reported by "Entertainment Tonight."

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I have never seen Gilligan's Island!!! I'm sure it must have been shown on British TV, but I can't ever remember seeing it!
70 isn't that old, it's probably a stupid question, but was he related to John Denver?

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Was he related to John Denver?
No.

He'll always be Maynard G. Krebs to me, Daddio!

And for those of us who grew up in the '70s, let's not forget Krofft's "The Far Out Space Nuts"...

"I said LUNCH, not LAUNCH!"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Guess our tv sets were filled with British programmes in the 70's. I'm a 70's kid but dont recall any of the programmes you mentioned.

Guess our tv sets were filled with British programmes in the 70's. I'm a 70's kid but dont recall any of the programmes you mentioned.
But to be fair, I have no recollection of "The Boiled Sausage and Potatoes Fun-Time Hour" or whetever in the ***** you pale little tots had to be subjected to. Crikey!

The People's Republic of Clogher
I have never seen Gilligan's Island!!! I'm sure it must have been shown on British TV, but I can't ever remember seeing it!
Nope, I don't remember it either and I was weaned on 70s TV.

70 is no age at all. Rest in peace Bob.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
But to be fair, I have no recollection of "The Boiled Sausage and Potatoes Fun-Time Hour" or whetever in the ***** you pale little tots had to be subjected to. Crikey!

Ha, I challenge thee to have never heard of " Benny Hill " or the " Carry on Films ", not to mention " Hammer House of Horrors ".
At this point I would like to smack you about the chops with my gloves and challenge you to a duel, whilst the Benny Hill Theme plays in the background!!!
OK, you did give us Starsky & Hutch and Kojak and Ironside and Frank Cannon and Space 1999...... oh hell you win!

RIP little buddy!

I just heard the news an hour ago. I was shocked. He was a television icon in the 70's, for I watched those 7 castaways stranded on that uncharted desert island for quite some time.

We'll miss ya' Bob !

I wipe my ass with your feelings

He made Nick-at-Nite fun
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Gilligan's Island was my favourite show when I was little.

This is a really sad day.

I don't want Gilligan to be dead.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Put me in your pocket...
Rest in peace Gilligan.
You will always be remembered.

We can't stop here!
He'll be missed

Did you all see Matt Lauer on the Today show yesterday? He dressed up like Gilligan with Al as skipper...I never realized how much Matt looks like Gilligan.

Randomly visiting for now
, I loved Gilligan's Island. He always made me smile and whenever I think of the show I smile too.......truly saddening news.

I'm a Brit that remembers Gilligans Island well. Probably cos I'm older than you other guys. It used to be on late 60s I think, in that slot after the teatime news when they showed other US tv imports like The Beverly Hillbillies. So RIP Bob Denver, I remember you with nostalgic fondness.