The most violent movie I've ever seen is...

Tools    

If we look at another side of the coin, Carrie (the original) is one of the most emotionally violent films I've ever seen. The way she is treated by her schoolmates and her mother sickened me.

I've been on the receiving end of some bullying and emotional abuse (though thankfully nothing to rival what Carrie goes through) so seeing the way her mother and the kids at school treated Carrie really resonated with me. It was difficult to watch parts of that movie because I have seen that kind of behaviour up close.

The rage that builds up and is eventually unleashed is all the more sad and poignant because you know that really Carrie was the victim. A sweet girl who was emotionally run over and stomped and beat until the only thing she could do was react violently. The emotional violence she suffered led to her committing physical violence (well psychokinetic violence at least).

That film really grabbed me.

The rage that builds up and is eventually unleashed is all the more sad and poignant because you know that really Carrie was the victim.
Yeah when I watched her rampage I couldn't help but think those bastard peers got their just desserts. It was the ultimate revenge a damaged kid could give out. The unfortunate side is that she took it out on everyone not just the wicked.

No doubt for me that would be Kill Bill. Never have I see so much unbelievable unrealistic bleeding in my life. I mean she cuts a leg off and the guy shoots a gush of blood stronger than a fire hose.

It's interesting to me that when I think of the most violent movies I've ever seen, it's more often about how the scenes affected me rather than how much violence there was. Kill Bill was drenched in blood, but Tarantino does it with such gleeful detachment that it doesn't seem shocking. Irreversible was one mentioned earlier that I found difficult to watch, and the chain saw scene in Scarface... Yikes. That's what I think of when I think violence.

Saving Private Ryan seems violent enough

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess it depends on what you consider violence and what films you've watched. Peter Jackson's Braindead, aka Dead Alive, is incredibly violent and disgusting, but it's so extreme, it turns itself into a comic book, and that's fine with me.

I haven't watched any of the Saw movies, Salo, Faces of Death, or Cannibal Holocaust, so my opinion may be limited. For a mainstream film, I believe that Saving Private Ryan is about as violent as it gets. I read another post where it was said that it "seemed" too fake to be violent or real, and I guess that's a legit opinion, but if you've ever seen ex-people get blown up and ripped to pieces, you'd probably think that looked fake too.

I am half agony, half hope.
Unforgiven was almost too much for me to watch. I also thought the boot camp scenes with Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket were horrible too. I won't watch either of those again.

Johann von Goethe

Its hard for me to pick a violent film because i've seen quite a bit, but I would have to say Audition is rather violent.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Battle royale, Ichi The Killer, Canibal Holocaust and the hostels (i felt bad because i laughed)

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

In a futuristic Britain, a gang of teenagers go on the rampage every night, beating and raping helpless victims. After one of the boys quells an uprising in the gang, they knock him out and leave him for the police to find. He agrees to try “aversion therapy” to shorten his jail sentence. When he is eventually let out, he hates violence, but the rest of his gang members are still after him. In this scene, Alex and his droogs meet up with Billy’s gang.

[quote=Prospero;383285]1. Interpret any way you like.
2. Choose a movie.
3. Discuss

I have to say that when the Ichi the Killer name came out of that guys cum in the beginning and the manorisms of Ichi made it too out there for me. I think Cannibal Halacaust, SAW III, and Hostel are the most violent movies I've seen.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was very violent until I got used to it.
Sausage has a new meaning now.
Any movie in the Saw series is very violent to me.

after being fed with violent movies all my life.....i guess reality TV violence is more violent than any movies combined

A system of cells interlinked
The torture scenes in Audition sent me through the roof. Horrible stuff, and I shall not watch it again.

"Kiri, kiri, kiri, kiri..."

The torture scenes in Audition sent me through the roof. Horrible stuff, and I shall not watch it again.

"Kiri, kiri, kiri, kiri..."
I'm doing some research for a writing project that involves, among other things, watching that film. I've heard what happens and I'm not especially looking forward to seeing it.