Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
For many, the movies made by Ealing Studios of England, especially in the 40's and 50's, are considered to be classic, particularly the comedies they turned out. Alec Guinness was the star of several of them. Until yesterday I had only seen one, The Man in the White Suit (also 1951 and also starring Guinness) and it was brilliant. So I had occasion to see TLHM and I loved it. The film builds slowly, but by the end has picked up such a breakneck pace that you'll want to watch it twice to catch everything. It has Guinness and co-star Stanley Holloway plotting to smuggle gold bullion out of the country, sell it, then come back rich men, hopefully undetected by the police. Needless to say, nothing goes exactly as planned. I was amused at first and howling with laughter by the end. Love, love this movie and look forward to catching more Ealing comedies.

I had to watch We're The Millers Last Night. Wasn't to keen on watching it but it was actually okay. Some funny parts but a lot of cringe worthy scenes and silliness. The acting performances were not to great either.

6/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

Well it was "Killing Me Softly" last movie that i watch with my GF. This awesome movie based on love and romance so we enjoyed this movie a lot. In this movie the role of Joseph Fiennes i like the most. I will rate 8 out of 10 for the same movie.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Almost Famous-Certainly a good film that is entertaining,sweet and with a fantastic soundtrack. But it feels a bit artificial at the same time, and thats whats keeping me from thinking its great. It just feels a bit too safe and lacks that raw bite, truly great cinema possess. Still a good film though.

Strange, surreal, dark and erotic. The movie definitely has multiple meanings to it. Whether the film is a condemnation or a tragic love letter to Hollywood is up for grabs, but the film does delve into dreams and fantasy versus reality. Either way I liked it better the second time around, but I still prefer Eraserhead and Blue Velvet.

It was my first Godard and I enjoyed it. The everyday life scene in the apartment was interesting and Fritz Lang acting was really good as well. There's probably a certain analogy to be made with Ulysse story and the one of Paul and Camille, but in order to made my mind about it I'd have to rewatch the film.

A great film about an old man trying to get on with is life while he has some questioning about himself and the way he is.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
My Neighbor Totoro 8/10
It took me a while to get used the film's style since not much actually happens and I didn't really warm up to it until the second time I watched it.
Parts of it are a bit too sweet and sappy for me but overall it's a really good movie. And the catbus is awesome.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Daniel M, I command you to watch more Bergman!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It was only my second Bergman (the first one being Persona)

I'd like to see The Seventh Seal, but the rest of his work seems a little melodramatic (Fanny and Alexander, Cries and Whispers, etc.)

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
It was only my second Bergman (the first one being Persona)

I'd like to see The Seventh Seal, but the rest of his work seems a little melodramatic (Fanny and Alexander, Cries and Whispers, etc.)
I would never personally call his films melodramatic. They are sentimental, but in a completely human, non-contrived manner. But many of his films are also fairly cynical and blunt, steering away completely from any sentimentality and proving to be somewhat of a cold and desolate viewing experience. Fanny and Alexander is a hauntingly beautiful work, though, with some masterful photography and almost flawless direction, so I would highly recommend that.

Out of the nineteen Bergman films I have seen, The Silence, arguably his most surreal and 'visual' tale, is my favourite. He is an incredible filmmaker and also one of the greatest screenwriters ever.

Daniel M, I command you to watch more Bergman!
I know I should. I've seen Persona, The Seventh Seal and Fanny and Alexander, and all are great. The last one is close to perfect film making in my opinion, and my favourite of his.

I have Wild Strawberries and Cries and Whispers ready to watch, the latter will probably be sooner rather than later as it looks set to be the next Movie Club film.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Justice League:War

This was epic,they had introduction for every character and they done awesome job!So many funny scenes,most of them are Green Lantern-Batman jokes.I like how they showed Batman's genius superiority,while they at the same time showed Superman's physical superiority,Flash is as always,that funny guy of the group,WW is out time,with that fighting spirit,Green Lantern as that guy that in the end will do a lot but he will always be first one to get into the battle and first one to get knocked out of it,Shazam is a kid,really tall kid,they made Cyborg a really cool guy.Just awesome movie,guy who wrote script for this is a pure genius.Guys that are making Man of Steel 2 really need to look at this movie,it showed how you can putt a lot of superheroes together,while making short but good introduction.

VERDICT: 8.5/10

The Bib-iest of Nickels
There was an unexpected part-two to my theater ventures this weekend, a day removed from seeing the Lego Movie, I just got back from seeing another, not nearly as good.

I don't think anybody in their right mind could be full heartened and honestly say that this movie was going to be anything other than mediocre. Zac Efron has always had a certain charm to him, I don't like him, but I can't deny that it's there. A certain arrogant douche-bag wit complimented by a sentimentality that underlines and undermines it. Even still, I can't help but cringe every time that I hear his name, thinking back to his days in the High-School Musical movies. I think his best years are ahead of him and I think he might actually end up being in a high-quality movie one day. To be fair, I haven't explored all of his work to proclaim that he hasn't once already. If Ashton Kutcher can do a Butterfly Effect, I think the same can be hoped for Efron.

Either way, this wasn't the time, and for the most part, this was a horribly formulaic script assisted poorly by terribly written dialogue. It's really sad whenever the only character that I enjoyed out of the movie is the one that was written to come across as an ******* and succeeds. There was so moments where I admittedly laughed, but it was for shock-value more than anything, and for the most part, it was obscenity and childishness more for the sake of it than to propel anything else forward.

The last half of the movie is a mild improvement, where it stops considerably with the ****** comedy and it's a time where it allows Efron to implement some of that charm that I was talking about. Even still, it comes too little too late, and the movie is nothing more than a 5 for me.