Christian Bale is a meanie?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
"I was looking at the lights"

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I was unaware of Lily Tomlin's "freakouts" so I just had to find them on YouTube. I love I Heart Huckabees too, but had no idea about any of this. They were very amusing and quite surprising actually. She must have been very stressed, as she even had a go at Dustin Hoffman who didn't really seem to do anything wrong. And wow, David O. Russel went crazy.

Funny stuff though. Thanks for pointing my attention to it.

Here are the videos, might as well post them here...

*STRONG LANGUAGE (of course), so be advised.

The DP seriously should have known better than to interrupt a performance. As much of an ******* as Bale seems to be, it was very unprofessional. Bale definitely went overboard with it, though.

By the way, where was McG in all of this?

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
It doesn't bother me at all. Anger is natural, and the way society tries to make people suppress it is just dead wrong. Anger is natural, suppressing anger is not.

Woah woah woah, so if my wife doesn't cook me dinner on time i can beat her because i'm angry?

That would be more effective if i were a male but you get the point, i definitely think that anger should be suppressed or else i'd go off on my boss and hundreds of customers and tons of classmates and peers and i don't think aaanyone is entitled to flip out one someone like that. People keep posting about "well he did do something wrong and unprofessional and distract Bale." Yes we can acknowledge that but that's not the point you can hear the guy trying to defend himself and Bale shouting "NO NO STFU" etc. and the guy said sorry and Bale mocked him i just can't understand at all how anyone can be so rude...he reminds me of some customers i've had but better looking

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's not McG's job to settle this, it's the AD.

And I read that Bale apologized to everyone on set about it the next day, still he did go overboard.

Suspect's Reviews

Oh my word! That would have been a lot of editing, too. I'm surprised they even attempted to play it. He swears with every breath he takes. I can only imagine what some parents thought, when that went blasting through their living rooms.

From your video:

"The actor's outburst includes the use of the F-word 35 times in just over four minutes."

Also:

"Film director Darren Aronofsky, whose film The Wrestler is in the running at the Oscars, defended Bale's actions.
He called the star's tirade "reasonable" and said: "I don't think he was out of line."
"Sets are very, very high-powered places where things go awry all the time and emotions are high.
"He could have been doing a deeply, deeply intense emotional scene," added the film-maker."

I don't think so, man. This all makes me wonder how often this goes on. I had no idea about the time Lily Tomlin went off. That was depressing.
I doubt there are many, if any Jackie Chan fans here, but he is great about things like these. He even puts them at the end of his films. They are called bloopers. From someone's cell phone going off, (You'd think anyone would get mad then, but he doesn't.) to one of the very dangerous stunts that he does on his own, going wrong. Like the time they almost sawed his . . . never mind. I should snag those someday, and post them. They are at the end of the bulk of his films. On one, he jumped from one side of the street, to the other, using the tops of two buildings. He broke his ankle, when he landed on the other rooftop. They put it in a cast that was made to look like his shoe, and he continued filming. Yeah, but don't touch those lights.

OK, I'm done gabbing!

It's not McG's job to settle this, it's the AD.

And I read that Bale apologized to everyone on set about it the next day, still he did go overboard.
Not exactly what I meant. I thought I remembered Bale specifically asking for McG in the midst of all of this.

wow. that kind of incontrollable rage makes you wonder about his other behavior. im kind of worried about his wife now. i cant believe I defended him on the mom/sister point. he prolly did beat them down.

it boggles the mind. if he had wanted to cause real trouble for the DOP, im sure there were other ways for Bale to make his life miserable, and to make his animosity a very real thing. but he choses instead to opt for what appears to be physical intimidation.

the whole tantrum thing is incredibly childish, and proof positive that he is on short leash from a temper perspective. i mean, seriously? his best course of action was to yell and scream? seriously?

if he's that easy primed for action, im surpised someone hasnt baited him into a lawsuit yet. if I was the DOP, i wouldve been professionally wrong with the lights - but I still wouldve let him hit me, and laughed all the way to the bank.

I think it just goes to show that he's just as human as you and me. Everybody has stressful days here and there and we occasionally blow up. I'm not saying what he did was right. We put showbiz stars on a pedestal and expect much from them.

You might not, but do you ever see reporters chasing regular people because they've done something wrong? No! They don't care about regular people. These celebrity gossipers just wait around until some celebrity slips up and then blitzes the media with photos, videos and audio.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
What's missing in this equation is who was the crew member that leaked the story?

I hope TMZ payed them well enough to offset a job in the film industry.

It doesn't bother me at all. Anger is natural, and the way society tries to make people suppress it is just dead wrong. Anger is natural, suppressing anger is not.
I definitely, wholelheartedly, completely agree.