The MoFo Top 100 of the Sixties

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
If we're doing a documentaries list I've got a lot of movie watching ahead of me if I want to be able to turn in a list of 25. I'm not sure I've ever even seen 5 documentaries.

If we're doing a documentaries list I've got a lot of movie watching ahead of me if I want to be able to turn in a list of 25. I'm not sure I've ever even seen 5 documentaries.

The documentary countdown will be very odd I think. Everyone here has an individual interest I imagine and documentaries on whatever that is will obviously work more for them than everyone else.

Pretty sure the only rule for the docs countdown so far, is that you have to watch Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL THE DEADLINE!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Oh ****!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm almost done with the 60's movies on my watchlist. I may jump The Hustler from the 7th HoF to the top of my watchlist before I submit my list. I've seen it before, but it was a long time ago, so I think it deserves a re-watch.

I suggest you watch The Hustler first before submitting your list, it's highly regarded. I'll be rewatching it in the next couple days.

There are a few other movies in the 7th HoF that I was looking forward to more than The Hustler, but I think you're right. I should watch The Hustler first so it has a chance to make my 60's movies list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I saw The Hustler literally right before I learned of its nomination. While I can't say whether or not it will make my list, it would be nice to see it on the 100.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Is Katzelmacher worth watching?
It's worth watching in the context of all of Fassbinder's work, but I think he made 25 better and more-interesting films. However if you haven't seen any of his avant-garde anti-cinema (pre-'72), you can check it out, not expecting much.

I have seen Beware of a Holy Whore ('71), which I found extremely interesting especially the films characters. I think I'll check this one out as well.

edit: Can't find anywhere to watch it though, without buying the eclipse set.

Is anyone planning to send in a partial list? Just out of curiosity, personally mine was hard enough to cut down too 25 and I still plan on watching a handful of films.

Is anyone planning to send in a partial list? Just out of curiosity, personally mine was hard enough to cut down too 25 and I still plan on watching a handful of films.

My list is too long right now. I don't know how I'm going to cut it down to only 25, but I'll find a way. Unfortunately TCM isn't helping. They keep playing 60's movies that I haven't seen and making my list longer.

Hopefully not, there's too many great films.

I'll get you my list in about 3 weeks Daniel.

After the disappointment of seeing Masters of The Universe and The China Syndrome miss the 80s and 70s lists respectively, I'm a little undermotivated by this list to be honest.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Is Katzelmacher worth watching?
It's good, but Fassbinder has better films. Even from the 60's. Liebe ist kälter als der Tod happens to be my favourite of his.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've been working on my list for what seems like forever. I have 47 movies marked down as my best of the best, with about 20 left to watch. I have 4 movies going for my #1 slot, so I will have a tough time sorting the whole thing.