What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
Don't tell me none of you saw Stephen King's "IT" when you were children?? I must have been around six years old at the time when I first saw that movie, I remember not being able to sleep for about two weeks after that!!

Unbelievably though, I saw The Omen (or rather snippets of it) a couple of days ago, between playing the comp, telephoning and studying, and the little parts were enough to scare me (while I was awake)...

Then I proceeded to have a nightmare about that little kid chasing me somewhere...you know, the kind where you wanna run and scream but can't move your legs! Talk about freaky, this was not long ago!!

I saw both of those, and both of them scared me. My brother was terrified of the jackels in the The Omen. I didn't understand him...they didn't scare me at all when compared to the guy's head getting cut off. I think we were watching it a friend's house, under the lie that our parents were okay with us seeing it. I was like 10, I think.

Ohhh, the OMEN, I forgot about that. That is a great movie!
After I saw it (I wuz 8) I nagged Pigsnie to take me to Megiddo so I could see the place where the world will end. So far hes ignored me, hahaha. The best part was when the nanny yells to Damien, LOOK AT ME, IM DOIN IT FOR YOU DAMIEN! and then she jumps off the house & hangs herself. That was cool. I also liked the omen parts, you know the photos of the mysterious streaks gettin closer to the victim.

I love Antichrist movies, well except for that stupid one with schwarzeneger.

Ah yes, The Omen! A good film, that, like most, went downhill. The second wasn't too bad, the third was pretty crap, and the fourth...

It's again the idea of an innocent child being pure evil that makes it unsettling. And some great lines:

"There's something I have to tell you about the birth."
"What is it?"
"His mother... his mother was a dog!"

I too like those religious horror films, but I did like End of Days - but then again, I'm an Arnie fan .

I have to agree with you Ollie, End of Days was a fun movie for Arnie fans.

What a great question Horror movie are my favorite genre of film so I'll have to do some thinking about this one.

The first time I saw the Exorcist was when it was rereleased a few years back. It didn't have any effect on me so I picked it up on DVD... what a mistake! Watching that movie at home, in the dark, with surround sound and no whiny kids or people laughing scared the SHITE out of me! There are some extremely freaky sounds coming out of the rear channels that are very unsettling... so are the demonic images that just randomly appear at times.

I also agree that BWP was a fantastic horror movie. After seeing it in the theater I just sat in my seat for a few minutes after the lights came on. The final scene was unbelivable and really stuck with me for quite some time.

Something I don't think anybody has mentioned is Poltergeist. I know it only has a PG rating, but that movie kept me from sleeping for a year when I was a kid!

I think I should also mention Rosemary's Baby (anything that seems so real scares the hell out of me!) and The Hitcher.

Blair witch made me nauseous becuz of the camera work. So I didnt enjoy it. Poltergeist was ok, but not that scary. I thought the weird minister in Poltergeist 2 was really creepy though. If I met someone like him at the mall Id run screaming down the street.

I also like the 7th Sign with Demi Moore. it isnt a horror movie & sometimes its silly but I like the idea of the Guf. Hummmm, if I had been the last soul in the Guf, I dont think Pigsnie would have been in a hurry to refill it, hahaha.

Here's a spoiler request...

What's the alternate ending for THe Exorcist that I've heard is on the DVD?

Yeah IT certainly is scary, playing on the fears we have as children. Cant help but feel it loses its way somewhat in the second half (when the kids are adults), but thats the nature of TV movies of that length (3hrs). If you all want to scare yourselfs silly with a horror film I'd suggest you watch Hideo Nakata's film Ring (Ringu U.S title)... You'll never use your VHS again, literally!

when i was about 8, i watched Child's play and all of the nightmare on elm streets and these were scary at the time but i watch them now and i wonder what was so scary. Another was the evil dead, but i saw that when i was about 11, that was quite scary. but now, nothing scares me, maybe ive become immune to horror films. but i still enjoy them!!

i even laughed through the exorcist!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The House on Haunted Hill scared the crap out of me. Some of the stuff in that movie was very intense. I think at one point I was actually gripping my seat/leg(I don't know which). Maybe because it had alot of scenes similar to ones in the 7th Guest.

Event Horizon also scared me. Very creepy film.

I think they should have explained more about the evilness from the Other Side in Event horizon. But yep, EH is super creepy, it just freaks me out when people dont have pupils.

Originally posted by horror freak
But now, nothing scares me, maybe I've become immune to horror films. But I still enjoy them!!
I even laughed through the exorcist!
I agree with you horror freak. Horror films, when I was little, scared the crap out of me, but I just don't get afraid like I used to. The Excorcist, my choice for the all time horror film, is by far the scariest film. Yet I also kinda laughed at it as well. Nowadays I don't get scared....I get spooked or creeped out if that makes sense.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by OllieO
Here's a spoiler request...

What's the alternate ending for THe Exorcist that I've heard is on the DVD?
I will bring this home tonight and check it out. Is it the version that has never been seen before or just the regular dvd..cause if its the never before seen version then sorry..cant help here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I knock I'll catch a lotta heat for this, but ever since I was little, the '80s version of THE BLOB has scared me sh**less.

The Exorcist will scare the crap out of any kid! I was only like 14 when I first saw it....*making mental note not to let my kids see it until they are at least 16-17*

When I first saw the Blair Witch Project, I had gotten it on bootleg about 4 months before it had come out. I had no idea what it was about, but my buddy told me I had to see it.

I took it over to my friends house, and there were like 10 of us there watching it. By the end of the movie we were all huddled on one big pull out bed...and since my friend lived in the sticks, none of us left the house that night, we all stayed over!

Mind you, there was no buzz about this movie at the time we watched it...no credits...nothing. Just a creepy as hell flick that scared the crap out of all of us!

Steve

I was big into bootlegging back in the day. In all truth, it was really harmless...I NEVER sold any of them. If any of my friends wanted a copy I would just make them give me a tape and I would give them a copy. I actually had 4-5 movies coming in a week, and had a pretty elaborate trade list setup with about 5 different guys to trade with.

I started with Titanic...a found a guy online that had a copy, and then I just started reading threw the movie bootleg newsgroup. I found people that wanted Titanic, and I just started trading. It was AWESOME!...I would sometimes get flicks months before they came out. Even more amazing was when I would get workprints, with the movie "in progress" For example...Starship Troopers. I got a workprint of it that had the actors shooting and yelling at nothing (because the bugs hadn't been digitially imported in yet) So cool.

Then, one day two guys from the MPAA came to my house. A guy I traded with in TX narced me out after he got busted selling copies...that SOB! He said I was mass producing DVD's and selling them. To be honest, I didn't even have a dvd player then. They wanted to come in my house and see my collection, but they didn't have a warrent so I said no. I did give them a few of my poorest quality boots and then signed a piece of paper saying I would never do it again.

It really did suck that all that happened. It was so fun to get a movie before it came out, or right after it came out for that matter. It wasn't like the studios were losing money as a result...if anything, seeing a copy of a movie before it came out made my friends and I want to see it even more in the theaters when it came out.

But now with fast connections and file sharing programs, you can get any movie you want very easily all over your computer. I love the fact that getting any movie is possible, just because it has to piss off the MPAA!

So yea, that's my story...
Steve

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
LOL...

I'm sorry that must suck, but just picturing someone doing that is funny enough. Well, I am reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is forced at gunpoint to record a movie at the theater and the guy that made him do it is all happy cause he's never seen such beautiful camera work and all that. LOL...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Snakes, but like you said you can get just about any movie off of the internet anymore so it turned out for the best.

And yes, pissing off the MPAA is loads of fun!!

Originally posted by spdrcr
LOL...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Snakes, but like you said you can get just about any movie off of the internet anymore so it turned out for the best.

And yes, pissing off the MPAA is loads of fun!!
He's right. Your big ordeal must have been a huge pain in the rump. Now you have freedom.......real freedom. Lets all enjoy!!!!!!!!!