New Year's Resolutions

Tools    

Commit to your movie related resolutions here, and offer support to others. Of course it's a bit late for the New Year but there's never a bad time to improve yourself.

Me, I'm going to stop reading movie news. "What?!", I hear you cry. Well, it's addictive, because there is something cool almost everyday, so I find myself compulsively checking sites, and it's useless information anyway and can even make the experience of watching the movie worse! It's time I could be doing something productive (like watching more movies). My first stand is in not watching the new Avengers trailer that released today.

Lord High Filmquisitor
You're right that that does, on the surface, seem kind of strange. But I know from experience the value of prioritizing your time, especially when it comes to the internet. Hopefully you can pull it off, although I'm not sure if I could stay away from that new trailer for long myself.

The dramatic version of mine is that "I want my top 100 at the end of the year to look absolutely nothing like it does now." Since graduating college, I've slacked off on watching new (to me) movies and my top 100 is mostly the same this year that it was last year (despite a scant handful of new additions, it was mostly just changing films' rankings). While I'm 100% happy with my list as is (Snakes on a Plane and all), I know that there are a lot of movies put there that will invariably make the cut when I get around to seeing them. To that end I've signed up for Netflix's mailing service and have been tracking down streamable / rentable films on my watchlist. Hopefully next year's update to my favorites list will include a lot of (relatively speaking) new films.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
For 2019:
Illustrate more.
Record music.
Write more.
Anxiety less.

Hopefully more involvement here will be a happy side effect.